Financial Aid

Student Complaint Resolution

For information relating to the grievance policy, please refer to Cleveland State University's Student Grievance Procedure.

If a student from a SARA state (all states except California) is not satisfied with the resolution of their student grievance, they may appeal the resolution to the Ohio Department of Higher Education. This appeal is not available for grade disputes or student code of conduct violations, criminal misconduct, violations of federal law, or complaints filed more than two years after the incident.

The state of California is now accepting complaints from residents regarding public and non-profit institutions through the state's Department of Consumer Affairs.

For students residing in California

California Department of Consumer Affairs
Consumer Information Center
1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N-112
Sacramento, California 95834
Telephone: (833) 942-1120

Students may also: