Financial Aid

Admission Requirements for Financial Aid Eligibility

As a first-time Cleveland State student, you must provide the following to Cleveland State University to be considered for any financial aid:

  • A valid Social Security number (SSN)
  • Valid final high school transcript or equivalent

Acceptable documentation for high school transcript or equivalent:

  • A high school diploma/transcript showing date diploma was awarded
  • Official transcripts showing completion of an Associate’s or Bachelor's Degree at a qualifying postsecondary institution
  • A General Educational Development (GED) certificate/transcript 
  • Proof of completion of a high school education in a homeschool setting approved under state law
  • If you are a student who completed secondary education in a foreign country and are unable to obtain a copy of your high school diploma or high school transcript, you may document high school completion status by obtaining a copy of a “secondary school leaving certificate” (or other similar document) through the appropriate central government agency (e.g., Ministry of Education) of the country where the secondary education was completed

Transfer students, in addition to the above, must also provide all post-secondary official transcripts to Cleveland State University.

Transient, visiting and non-degree students are typically not eligible for federal student aid. 

Helpful Links:

PDF icon How to provide your SSN in CampusNet

Still need to apply to CSU?