Important FAFSA Dates:
- The 2023-2024 FAFSA is available for filing on or after October 1, 2022.
- The deadline for filing the 2023-2024 FAFSA is midnight, CT, June 30, 2024.
- Valid for Fall 2023, Spring 2024, and Summer 2024.
- The 2024-2025 FAFSA will be available for filing on December 31, 2023.
- The deadline for filing the 2024-2025 FAFSA is midnight, CT, June 30, 2025.
- Valid for Fall 2024, Spring 2025, and Summer 2025.
Before you begin:
- For the 2023-2024 FAFSA, please use tax records from 2021.
- Changes are coming for the 2024-2025 FAFSA; click here for more information.
You may also need the following information on-hand when completing the FAFSA:
- Cleveland State’s Federal School Code: 003032
- Your Social Security number and your driver’s license (if applicable)
- W2 forms and other records of money earned (some 1099 forms)
- Your (and/or your parents’) Federal Income Tax Retuns
- Any untaxed income records including payments to tax deferred pension and savings plans, tax exempt interest and child support received for the calendar year
- Records of any grants, scholarships, and/or fellowship aid that was included in your or your parents’ adjusted gross income (AGI)
- Any current bank statements
- Any current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bonds and other investment records
- Documentation that you are a permanent resident or other eligible noncitizen if applicable
Completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA):
Visit https://studentaid.gov/ to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. This application should be completed each year. See the Federal Student Aid website to confirm the tax year you should be using to complete the application.
The 2024-2025 FAFSA release is delayed and will become available by December 31, 2023, as announced by the Department of Education.
This change is only temporary for the 2024-2025 academic year to accommodate the extensive changes required as part of the Fostering Undergraduate Talent by Unlocking Resources for Education Act (FUTURE Act). In the 2025-2026 aid year, the FAFSA will be available on October 1 as usual.
For a summary of changes to the 2024-2025 FAFSA form, please click here.
To be considered for federal, state, and institutional need-based financial aid, students must complete the FAFSA.
NOTE: The IRS Data Retrieval Tool automatically transfers tax information into the FAFSA form (applicable only to 23-24 FAFSA). Beginning with the 2024-2025 FAFSA, contributors (anyone who is required to provide information on a student’s FAFSA form) must now consent to transfer their tax information through the IRS Direct Data Exchange (DDX).