Important FAFSA Dates:
- The 2019-2020 FAFSA is available for filing on or after October 1, 2018.
- The deadline for filing the 2019-2020 FAFSA is midnight, CT, June 30, 2020.
- Valid for Fall 2019, Spring 2020, and Summer 2020.
- The 2020-2021 FAFSA is available for filing on or after October 1, 2019.
- The deadline for filing the 2020-2021 FAFSA is midnight, CT, June 30, 2021.
- Valid for Fall 2020, Spring 2021, and Summer 2021.
Before you begin:
- For the 2019-2020 FAFSA, please use tax records from 2017.
- For the 2020-2021 FAFSA, please use tax records from 2018.
You may also need the following information on-hand when completing the FAFSA:
- Cleveland State’s Federal School Code: 003032
- Your Social Security number and your driver’s license (if applicable)
- W2 forms and other records of money earned (some 1099 forms)
- Your (and/or your parents’) Federal Income Tax Return
- Any untaxed income records including payments to tax deferred pension and savings plans, tax exempt interest and child support received for the calendar year
- Records of any grants, scholarships, and/or fellowship aid that was included in your or your parents’ adjusted gross income (AGI)
- Any current bank statements
- Any current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bonds and other investment records
- Documentation that you are a permanent resident or other eligible noncitizen if applicable
Completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA):
Visit https://fafsa.ed.gov to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. This application should be completed each year. See the FAFSA website to confirm the tax year you should be using to complete the application.
NOTE: The IRS Data Retrieval Tool automatically transfers tax information into the FAFSA form. Be sure to consider this option if it’s offered to you within the FAFSA application.