Important FAFSA Dates:
- The 2023-2024 FAFSA is available for filing on or after October 1, 2022.
- The deadline for filing the 2023-2024 FAFSA is midnight, CT, June 30, 2024.
- Valid for Fall 2023, Spring 2024, and Summer 2024.
- The 2022-2023 FAFSA is available for filing on or after October 1, 2021.
- The deadline for filing the 2022-2023 FAFSA is midnight, CT, June 30, 2023.
- Valid for Fall 2022, Spring 2023, and Summer 2023.
Before you begin:
You will need to Create a New FSA ID if one does not exist. Each student and one parent (for Dependent students) will need to have an active FSA ID to complete and sign the FAFSA.
- For the 2023-2024 FAFSA, please use tax records from 2021.
- For the 2022-2023 FAFSA, please use tax records from 2020.
You may also need the following information on-hand when completing the FAFSA:
- Cleveland State’s Federal School Code: 003032
- Your Social Security number and your driver’s license (if applicable)
- W2 forms and other records of money earned (some 1099 forms)
- Your (and/or your parents’) Federal Income Tax Retuns
- Any untaxed income records including payments to tax deferred pension and savings plans, tax exempt interest and child support received for the calendar year
- Records of any grants, scholarships, and/or fellowship aid that was included in your or your parents’ adjusted gross income (AGI)
- Any current bank statements
- Any current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bonds and other investment records
- Documentation that you are a permanent resident or other eligible noncitizen if applicable
Completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA):
Visit https://studentaid.gov/ to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. This application should be completed each year. See the Federal Student Aid website to confirm the tax year you should be using to complete the application.
NOTE: The IRS Data Retrieval Tool automatically transfers tax information into the FAFSA form. Be sure to consider this option if it’s offered to you within the FAFSA application.
How to Pay for College
Filling Out the FAFSA Form