Ohio’s College Credit Plus initiative can help qualified students in grades 7-12 earn college and high school credits at the same time by taking college courses from community colleges or universities. The purpose of this program is to promote rigorous academic pursuits and to provide a wide variety of options to college-ready students. Taking a college course from a public college or university College Credit Plus is free. That means no cost for tuition, books or fees. Your high school may have an agreement with a local college for specific courses, however, you can choose to take College Credit Plus courses from any college offering a course that would benefit you in the future. More information about CCP rules is available at Ohio Higher Education.
Cleveland State University’s College Credit Plus program provides motivated and dedicated high school students the opportunity to interact with college students, faculty and staff, and experience the benefits and advantages of a metropolitan university. Students who qualify for the program may enroll in college courses under one of the two options.
- Option A: The student takes courses for college credit only and is responsible for payment of all tuition, books and fees.
- Option B: The student takes courses for college and high school graduate credit. Tuition, books and fees are paid through Ohio Department of Education funds.
Admission to CSU College Credit Plus
CCP Applicants will need to turn in the following materials to complete their application:
- Official High School Transcript
- Parent Authorization Form*
- Counselor Authorization Form*
- Recommendation letter from high school counselor or high school principal (optional)
- CCP Permission Slip*
- The subject matter of a course enrolled in under the college credit plus program may include mature subject matter or materials, including those of a graphic, explicit, violent, or sexual nature, that will not be modified based upon college credit plus enrolled participation regardless of where course instruction occurs. This permission slip is required for all students admitted Spring 2022 and beyond.
*Please note: When a student applies to the CCP program, these forms are generated and emailed directly to the corresponding person. When applying please have your parent/guardian's email address as well as your school counselor's name, phone, and email address.
College credit plus funding is available for Ohio Residents. Applicants and participants who are not Ohio residents will not receive CCP funding and will be expected to pay out of pocket and may be subject to pay out-of-state fees. Applicants and participants who are not US citizens may not receive CCP funding and may be expected to pay out of pocket and may be subject to pay out-of-state and/or international fees. Non Ohio residents and Non US citizens may petition for Ohio residency, though it is not a guarantee that it will be granted. https://www.csuohio.edu/registrar/ohio-residency
If you have any questions about CCP, please contact 216-687-5411, or email@example.com.