Amount: Two $2500 awards will be made each academic year.
- Criteria: Current CSU students who are graduates of Cuyahoga Community College and transferred with a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher upon their admission to CSU. Must be enrolled full-time, junior or senior standing (have at least 60 credits earned), in good academic standing with a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA at CSU, and pursuing their first bachelor’s degree. Applicants must also have successfully completed at least two semesters as a full-time student at CSU at time of application. Applicants must demonstrate financial need as shown on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- To apply for this scholarship, applicants must submit a typed personal essay addressing the following:
- discuss their persistence toward degree attainment despite obstacles they have faced, and what receiving The Bernie Moreno Companies College Completion Scholarship means to them
- Recipients of the scholarship must enroll and successfully complete a minimum of 15 credits each semester and maintain a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA during the period that the scholarship will cover. If not, the scholarship will be revoked, and the recipient will no longer be eligible for the remainder of their undergraduate career at CSU. Recipients must also be on track to graduate in a timely manner. If resources are needed, recipient shall agree to utilize the Tutoring and Academic Success Center for assistance.
- Renewable: Yes, scholarship may be renewed for up to one academic year (fall and spring semesters) provided recipient maintains a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA, satisfactorily completes at least 15 credit hours each semester, and that they have received the scholarship again,and continues to demonstrate financial need. Students must reapply for the second academic year. Preference will be given to current scholarship recipients during the selection process.
Deadline to apply: All essays must be received no later than May 1st of each academic year. Please submit essays to: The Bernie Moreno Companies College Completion Scholarship, Attn: Financial Aid Scholarship Coordinator, 2121 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44115 or in-person to Campus411 All-In-1 located on the first floor of Main Classroom, room 116.
*Note: Students receiving full tuition scholarships are not eligible to apply.