please REgister by March 16th, 2018
This workshop sponsored by the Center for eLearning explores the Quality Matters program and prepares you to be part of an initiative that positively impacts the design of online/blended courses and ultimately, learning and success for the learner. QM is designed to improve the quality of online/blended courses by establishing a peer-reviewed quality assurance review process. You will become familiar with QM standards and participate in a practice peer course review of an online course using the review tools.
Participants in this hands-on workshop can be:
- Online/blended instructors
- Faculty members
- Instructional designers
- Course representatives
After successfully completing this workshop, you will be eligible to move into the Online Peer Reviewer Certification and gain ideas to improve your own courses using QM Standards.
Upon completion of the QM training, you will be able to:
- Identify the underlying principles of QM
- Identify the critical elements of the QM quality assurance program, including QM Rubric, materials, processes, and administrative components
- Apply the QM Rubric to review online courses
- Make decisions on whether a course meets selected QM Rubric standards
- Apply the concept of alignment
- Write helpful recommendations for course improvement by citing annotations from the QM Rubric and evidence from the course
Seats Available: 15 for internal and 15 for external participants.
Who should attend? Faculty interested in becoming a Peer Reviewer or learning more about QM.
Cost: FREE for faculty members teaching at an institution that is a member of the Ohio QM Consortium, such as Cleveland State. Coffee, snacks and Lunch will be provided. Registration is required!
What Should I Bring? All workshop materials will be provided for CSU participants. Registrants from other institutions will need to acquire the QM Workbook from the QM Coordinator at their home institution.
Date & Time: Friday, March 23rd, 2018, 9:00am – 4:30pm. Registration will begin at 8:30am.
Location: Cleveland State University’s Michael Schwartz Library, RT 401. Details will be provided with registration confirmation email.
Registration: Register today! Registration deadline is Friday, March 16th, 2018.