STEM OPT Reporting Requirements
Please remember that you must report the things below to CISP using the STEM OPT Employment Reporting form in CISP TD Portal:
- Report to CSU International Center every 6 months to confirm:
- Copy of the EAD card
- Continued employment
- New employment
- Work address
- Email address and home address.
- Report any termination of employment
- Students may only have an aggregate of 150 days of unemployment while on the 24 month extension
- Submit a 12 month evaluation of the I-983 Training Plan to CSU International Center
- Submit a 24 month evaluation of the I-983 Training Plan to CSU International Center
- We will NOT contact you to remind you of these responsibilities
- Please email email@example.com for all questions regarding STEM OPT.
U.S. HOME ADDRESS OR PHONE NUMBER CHANGES
Report all changes to your U.S. home address or phone number within 10 days of the change using the SEVP Portal and CampusNet. The Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) will send a link inviting you to create an SEVP Portal Account. Once your STEM OPT has been approved, the email will be sent from do-not-reply.SEVP@ice.dhs.gov. Please always check your Spam, Junk, or Trash folders to see if this email gets redirected.
REPORT NEW EMPLOYMENT
You must submit a new Form I-983 (PDF) to the CISP International Team whenever you add a new employer within 10 days of the position start date. Please remember to type your responses before printing and signing the form. In the e-mail, please also include the employer's E-Verify number, the end date of your last position and one sentence describing how this new position relates to your STEM degree.
UPDATE PREVIOUSLY REPORTED EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION
Report any changes to your current employment information on file within 10 days of the change by sending an e-mail to the CISP International Team. Do not delete previous Post-Completion OPT employer information already in the portal.
END OF EMPLOYMENT
Submit a concluding self-evaluation signed by the employer on Form I-983 within 10 days of leaving the position to the CISP International Team.