How to Apply
Do not start a job or internship until you receive CPT authorization from CISP International Team (new I-20).
Allow 10 business days for processing.
- Confirm eligibility for CPT
- Contact your department adviser to plan together your internship and learn about the internship course credit policy in your academic department
- Find a job/internship offer
- Carefully go over CPT Powerpoint Presentation to understand and follow all the instructions, requirements, and rules for CPT authorization. You will find information of how to apply for CPT authorization to CISP on the powerpoint presentation. Then, file a complete CPT application to the CISP Intenrational Team for processing
- An incomplete CPT application will delay processing!
- Wait for notification email that the CPT I20 is ready for you
After you submit the student section:
- The application will be reviewed by the CISP International Team
- CISP requires 10 business days for processing from date we receive the completed CPT application
- Do not begin working until (a) you have received your I-20 endorsed for CPT and (b) the date listed on page 2 of your new I-20.
- You might need to contact your employer/CPT supervisor to defer your start date if you don’t allow enough time for CISP processing.
- You will receive an email notification from CISP when your CPT approval (new I-20) is ready.