How to Apply
Do not start a job or internship until you receive CPT authorization from CISP International Team (new I-20).
Allow 5 business days for processing.
- Confirm eligibility for CPT
- Contact your department adviser to learn about the internship course credit policy in your academic department.
- Find a job/internship offer
- Submit a complete CPT application to the CISP Intenrational Team for processing (CPT Workshop Schedule)
- An incomplete CPT application will delay processing!
- Wait for notification email that the CPT I20 is ready for pick up from the CISP International Team
After you submit the student section:
- The application will be reviewed by the CISP International Team
- CISP requires 5 business days for processing from date we receive the completed CPT application
- Do not begin working until (a) you have received your I-20 endorsed for CPT and (b) the date listed on page 2 of your new I-20.
- You might need to contact your employer/CPT supervisor to defer your start date if you don’t allow enough time for CISP processing.
- You will receive an email notification from CISP when your CPT approval (new I-20) is ready.