After CPT Approval
- Review your CPT authorization (printed on page 2 of your new I-20).
- Think of your CPT application and authorization as a contract. Follow the rules of the authorization; don’t work outside of the start and end dates.
- DO NOT Drop the CPT courses credits, it is a violation of the F-1 regulations, and you will not be eligible for future CPT or OPT.
- Notify CISP of any changes, such as ending the training position early, not doing the job, etc.
- If your CPT position is paid, apply for a Social Security Number if you don’t already have an SSN.
- If your CPT position is paid, use your new I-20 with CPT approval, together with your passport and I-94 record, as proof of your eligibility to work. These documents may be used to complete the Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9 that all U.S. employers are required to complete.