Rules and Regulations are necessary to assure the safety of pedestrians and aid in the protection of other vehicles. Parking rules are enforceable 24 hours per day.
PARKING IN UNAUTHORIZED AREAS:
Parking is permitted only within the area designated for specific type of permit. Parking is allowed only in legally defined spaces. Parking on or over painted lines is not permitted.
PARKING ON A YELLOW CURB:
Yellow curbs, including those inside the parking facilities, indicate No Parking areas. These areas are to facilitate emergency vehicles and other traffic in the area. These areas are designated tow away zones and are to be kept clear at all times.
PARKING IN A "NO PARKING ZONE":
Parking is permitted only in legally defined parking spaces. Parking in or on grass. loading/unloading zones, crosswalks, handicap spaces, handicap access spaces (striped spaces next to handicap spaces), ramps, yellow lines or curbs, service drives, service vehicle spaces and unmarked areas without specific authorization is prohibited. Bagged or covered signs indicate special purpose or no parking.
PARKING IN ROADWAY:
Roadways designate safety zones and are to facilitate free and safe movement of emergency vehicles and other traffic moving into and out of the area.
SIDEWALKS AND WALKWAYS:
Motor vehicles, roller skates, roller blades and skateboards are prohibited on all campus sidewalks and walkways.
Pedestrians have the right of way. Vehicles must yield for pedestrians. Parking, loading or unloading is prohibited at all times
UNAUTHORIZED USE OF PARKING PERMIT:
The misuse, defacing, resale, alteration or unauthorized transfer of a Cleveland State University parking permit is illegal. Permits are required to be purchased from Parking & Transportation Services. Vehicles displaying lost, stolen or fraudulent parking permits will be ticketed, immobilized and/or towed. Use of fraudulent hangtags is subject to individual penalities as deemed by the University.
- The registered holder of the permit is responsible for any and all citations issued against his or her tag number regardless of who is operating the vehicle.
- Fines will be assessed to the permit holder or the owner of any vehicle on University property in violation of the CSU Parking Regulations.
- Any citation fine not paid or appealed within 21 days calendar days of issuance is considered delinquent and a $10.00 penalty fee will be added;
- Any student with an unpaid citation is placed on student hold status. This prevents the student from registering for the following semester and/or from obtaining his/her transcripts.
- Anyone with unpaid parking fines will not be permitted to purchase any parking product until the fines have been paid.
If any motor vehicle found on University property is in violation of traffic laws or rules of the State of Ohio or of the University, the citation will be isssued to the member of the University community to whom the car is registered in Parking & Transportation Services. If the vehicle is not registered with the University, the citation will be written in the name of the member of the University community listed at the address of the individual who, according to the State of Ohio, is the registered owner.