Approved in Fiscal Year 2022
All citations will be printed with a discounted rate of $15.00 off the base citation amount*. This discount is ONLY valid for 72 hours from the time and date the citation was issued. This discount is being offered to promote prompt payment via the CSU GO Online Parking System. Citation payments sent via USPS must be postmarked within the 72 hour period to receive the discounted rate. Any payments postmarked after 72 hours of the issue date and time will not receive the discount.
As citation appeals may take up to 15 days to be adjudicated, patrons that wish to submit appeals should pay the citation balance within the 72 hour period in order to receive the discount.
The $15 discount will be removed from the citation base rate after 72 hours and the original fees will be reinstated. All other citation and appeal policies remain in effect.
*Please note that escalation fees still apply for patrons that have received multiple citations of the same type. A $15 discount will still apply on the base rate, but not the escalation fees.
Example: No Valid hangtag ($35 base rate), second offense: $35 - $15 (citation base discount) = $20 + $10 (escalation fee) = $30 discounted rate for 72 hours. After 72 hours, the original rates will be reinstated to $45.
|Escalation Fees - Click here to learn more about the Escalation system and get tips for avoid citations.|
|Second Offense: +5.00||$35+$5 = $40.00|
|Third Offense: +15.00||$35+15 = $50.00|
|Fourth Offense: +30.00||$35+30 = $65.00|
|Fifth Offense: +55.00||$35+55 = $90.00|
Rates are subject to change on July 1 and/or Aug. 1. The website may not reflect current fees due to technical issues.
Citation Payment Methods
- Online: (Visa, MasterCard, and Discover) Accepted in the office and online. Click here for the CSU Go Online Parking System for citation payment.
- There is no fee to pay by credit card online or in the office.
- Cash - Accepted in person at the Parking Office for citations. (Payments made with coin must be rolled in bank provided coin rolls. Name, ID number and phone number must be printed on each roll of coin.) The Parking & Transportation Services Office is located at 2402 Euclid Avenue.
- Check & Money Order - Accepted in person and through the U.S. Mail for citations. Make payment out to Cleveland State University and mail payment to the address below. If applicable, include the Student ID number on the front of the check. Return your copy of the citation with payment or appeal. Do not send cash. Mailed citations must be postmarked within 72 hours to receive the discounted rate.
Cleveland State University
Parking & Transportation Services
2121 Euclid Avenue - EC 160
Cleveland, Ohio 44115-2214
- Click to view the schedule of violation fees
- All fees must be paid within 21 days of the issue date or a $10 late fee is assessed on the 21st day for each violation.
- Appeals must be submitted within 21 days of the issue date. No appeals are accepted after 21 days.
- Dishonored Payments: Returned checks or dishonored credit card payments will be assessed a fee of $30.00 plus late and escalated fees. A dishonored payment may impact the ability to use checks and credit cards on campus for one year.