Any motorized vehicle that has two wheels will be defined as a motorcycle and this includes mopeds and vehicles with smaller engines.
There are a total of 50 motorcycle spaces (specially marked ½ spaces) on campus. Any vehicle found outside of a permitted motorcycle parking location will receive a violation. Motorcycles may not park in automated garages, CSU buildings, standard vehicle spaces, bike racks, or on sidewalks. The University assumes no responsibility for the care and protection of motorcycles while on campus.
|Facility||Location||Permit Spaces||Metered Spaces|
|M1||E. 18th Street, drive path to WG||9||0|
|M2||Central Garage Alley, access from E. 19th||7||6|
|M4||Rec Center (Permit Required)||4||0|
|M5||East Garage (Permit Required)||2||0|
|M6||Lot 54 (Permit Required), south of the PayStation. Spaces may be unavailable during late fall through late winter.||12||0|
Motorcycle Permits and Rates*
- Motorcycles can be added to an active CSU Green or White Parking Permit at no additional charge. An active CSU Green or White Permit will extend to the motorcycle, at locations with motorcycle spaces only.
- A separate motorcycle permit can be purchased by CSU staff and students in the Parking Office (E. 24th & Euclid) or online. Motorcycle permits are not valid for overnight parking and are not eligible for returns or refunds.
- Payment can be made with cash or a credit card. Payment via payroll deduction and student account cannot be used.
- Motorcycle license plate, make, model, color, and year are required when registering.
- Permits can only be used by the registered permit holder, are non-transferrable, and allow for only one registered vehicle/motorcycle to park at any given time.
- Motorcycles are subject to the same citation discount policies and escalation fee schedule as vehicles.
|Meter rates: $0.25/30 minutes. Four (4) hour maximum purchase|
* Motorcycle permits may be utilized at any motorcycle parking space on a first-come basis. Purchase of a permit does not guarantee a specific space or location
Bicycles do not require registration on the CSU campus. As such, bicycles are not permitted to park in vehicle spaces or motorcycle spaces. See below for bicycle parking areas on the CSU campus.
|Recreation Center (Main Entrance)||22|
|Fenn Tower (East Entrance / Julka Hall)||10|
|Student Center (East Entrance)||12|
|Rhodes Tower Ground Level (Below Plaza)||4|
|PE/Rec Center (Rear Entrance near East Garage)||6|
|Urban Affairs (Rear Entrance / East 17th)||6|
|Urban Affairs (East Entrance / East 18th)||6|
|Law School (East 18th Street Entrance)||8|
|Law School (Rear / East Entrance)||7|
|Stairwell Hall (Main Entrance)||11|
|Science and Research Center||6|
|Main Classroom (Euclid Entrance)||4|
|NW corner of East 24th and Euclid||2|
Bicycle parking on the CSU campus is restricted as follows:
- No parking at a tree, post, roadway utility pole, light post, handrails or banister, or parking meter. Take special note that parking at handrails and banisters causes problems for pedestrians.
- No parking on lawns.
- Bicycles may not be stored or parked in any campus building (except as permitted in the dormitory).
- Bicycles operating in areas primarily intended for pedestrians (e.g. sidewalks, plazas, etc.) MUST yield right of way to pedestrians.
- Always secure your bicycle with a lock to an official CSU bike parking rack.
- The University assumes no responsibility for the care and protection of bicycles while on campus.
- Call Parking & Transportation Services at 216.687.2023 for more information.