CSU GO is a Proximity Based Parking System. That means the price of the permit is determined by the proximity to the campus core. Note, all overflow parking may not be within the campus core.
Several prepaid permit options are available and vary by commuter and on campus resident (Euclid Commons and Fenn Tower). Prospect Garage permits are only available to on campus residents. All permits are limited and may sell out. Please read the information below for important information related to parking privilages. Students can pay for permits via Student Account or credit card online. The Parking office offers cash, credit, check and student account payment options.
Semester permits sale dates at 9:00 a.m.:
Fall: Aug. 1.
Spring: Dec. 1.
Summer: April 1.
Additional Permit Information
- 2017 Pay As You Go vs. Permit cost comparison.
- Permits are issued on a first come basis. All permits are limited and may sell out.
- The CSU GO Online Parking System is optimized for use with Internet Explorer. Using other browser types may cause errors.
- Students must be registered for classes before a permit can be purchase (allow 24 hours after registration to access the site).
- Printable Confirmation Permits - you will receive a confirmation email once you have successfully purchased a permit. That email includes a link to print a temporary confirmation permit that provides access to campus for a few days until your permit arrives via US mail.
- White and Green Permits are valid for parking in designated parking locations from 5:00 a.m. - 11:59 p.m. daily.
- Visa, MC or Discover are accepted or charges may be posted to your student account.
- All returned permits will be assessed a $10 administrative fee.
- Please read about the Escalation Based System for citations.
- Permit holder access to gated facilities is granted through your Viking Card. If your Viking Card does not work, use the help button available at each entry and exit point or contact Parking at 216-687-2023 for assistance.
- A police report will be required to request a replacement/refund for Lost/Stolen permits.
- The back of the permit lists all locations and time restrictions assigned to your permit type.
- Permits do not provide a specific space in a preferred lot or garage.
- If you do not have your Viking Card, you will need to park in a non-gated facility (if applicable) or in a visitor space and pay to park. Do not attempt to exit a gated garage by tailgating or lifting the gate.
- Peak demands for Green permit facilities are from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday. Once the core garages have filled, Green permit holders will be directed to park in South Garage.
- Keep your card in sync, DO NOT scan anyone else in or out of gated facilities.
- If the access gates are raised when you are exiting a gated facility, stop and scan your Viking Card to keep it in sync.
- Follow us Twitter and Facebook to get real-time parking availability and updates, as well as the online real-time parking site.
- Patrons who wish to park on campus from 12:00 a.m. - 4:59 a.m. (overnight) will be required to purchase overnight access for an additional $100.00 per semester. Students must bring their permit to the office to receive the overnight access.
- Patrons parking after permit perimeters will need to use the lost ticket option to exit the facility.
- One-day permits are available for Lot 43 (Fall & Spring Only)
- Please select from the menu on the left to view the permits prices and additional information.
- Please ensure your parking account is up-to-date and all citations are paid; outstanding balances will prevent/delay the purchase of your preferred permit. All permits are limited and may sell out.