Departmental reservations allow guest parking in various parking locations on campus based on availability. Most CSU garages are controlled through gated access. East Garage (Chester & E. 25th) and West Garage (E. 17th) are available to permit holders and CSU department guests (based upon pre-arranged parking) from 5:00am to 3:00pm. From 3:00pm – 11:59pm in East and West Garages, visitor parking is based on limited availability through the ticket dispensers. Central Garage (CG) has 60 dedicated visitor parking spaces accessible from the E. 21st Street entrance, available from 5:00am – 11:59pm. The CG visitor spaces are available on a first come basis.
Departmental guest access to gated garages is provided through barcoded passes. There are three options:
- Daily Pass (BLUE) – barcode permit that provides access to gated areas during permit only hours. The pass must be scanned at the entrance to raise the gate and again when the guest is exiting.
- Reservations made with Parking will guarantee a space for the guest
- Notifications to Parking are recommended but will not guarantee a space (replaces Scratch off permits)
- Multi-use pass (YELLOW) – barcode permit that is valid for a specific period of time. Barcode is valid for multiple scans in and out of garages within the specified date/time range.
- Validation pass (RED) – barcode that must be used in conjunction with pull tickets. Pull tickets may be available from the ticket dispensers during visitor hours (after 3pm and on weekends). Guests must have both a pull ticket and the validation ticket to exit the garage.
Pricing for guests of campus departments and special events that are designated as “Partnership” events by Conference Services will be charged the daily CSU Rate for each vehicle. Daily passes (BLUE) and validation passes (RED) may be purchased in advance. Departments that wish to customize a barcode permit or design a barcode permit for special event should allow seven business days. (In 2015-16 the CSU Daily Rate is $8 for designated Green facilities)
Pricing for guests at events that are designated “External” by Conference Services will be charged the daily Visitor rate for each vehicle. (In 2015-16 the CSU Visitor Rate is $10).
Special events that require additional attendants in order to honor reserved space requests will be charged for the additional staffing at a rate of $10 per hour with a minimum of four (4) hours.
Reservation requests for special event parking (Partnership AND Visitor parking) that request spaces in Lot 22 (under the Student Center) will be charged a flat fee, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for specific pricing. Charges will also be assessed for attendants required to honor reservations at the rate of $10 per hour with a minimum of four (4) hours.
- Requests forms for department reservations or special events must be submitted via email to Parking & Transportation Services email@example.com no less than three (3) business days prior to the date needed. The forms are available to download Parking Reservation Request Form. Departmental representatives should expect an acknowledgement of receipt via email.
- Parking & Transportation Services reserves the right to decline any reservation or special event request if it is for a class day. Mondays through Thursdays are very heavy demand days. In such cases, campus event hosts will be instructed as to where they may direct their guests to park.
- All reservations request forms must include a CSU account number. All charges will be charged to the department’s account number at the end of each month.
- Please Note: Departments providing barcode permits directly to guests should provide a notification to Parking with the guest information (guest name, facility, time, etc). If the guest experiences an issue, Parking will be able to assist the guest with access into or out of the gated facility. However, notifications do not guarantee a space.
The Parking & Transportation Services staff is ready to assist you - Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.