Peer Educators are a trained, committed group of student leaders who promote the health of the CSU campus community. They are trained through NASPA- National Association of Student Affairs Professionals.
As part of the Health and Wellness Team, Peer Educators:
- Provide their peers with information about pertinent health topics and resources.
- Support the education and outreach efforts of the Health and Wellness Center.
- Applicants must be in good academic and disciplinary standing.
- Applicants must complete the application.
- Candidates must have two references. One of these references must be completed by a faculty or staff member.
- Candidates must sign up for an interview in Health and Wellness Services, Student Wellness office in IM 205. Contact Denise Keary at 216-687-3649.
Preference will be given to students who have demonstrated the following:
- Assisting and contributing to a positive peer-to-peer environment.
- Have a history of student leadership/working with peers/groups in high school or college, and involvement in campus life.
- Sensitivity to and interest in health and wellness issues
- Enthusiasm and commitment for working on a team and making a difference.
- Ability to be a resource and refer students to campus services.
- Ability to model appropriate behavior for peers.
- Availability to attend Peer Educator Training and meetings throughout the academic year are mandatory.
Peer Educator General Responsibilities:
- Serve as a positive role model for their peers.
- Be in good academic and disciplinary standing.
- Serve as a resource and role model as a peer educator regarding safety and wellness for individual students and the community.
- Practice confidentiality and discretion as defined by the program.
- Attend formal training sessions as scheduled and attend meetings as scheduled.
- Plan at least one larger group program and several subgroup programs during the academic year.
For more information about Peer Education or other volunteer opportunities with
the Health & Wellness Center, contact Denise Keary, Health and Wellness Coordinator, 216-687-3649
Peer Education training is virtual during the Spring 2021 Semester and will be facilitated by the national staff of NASPA. All training must be completed by March 30, 2021.
Please complete the registration form below by February 26, 2021 for full consideration.