Visit Peer Educators in the new Peer Education Center in Rhodes Tower!
The Center features:
- Self Care Room-(RT 1240)- a room for ANYONE to relax and rejuvenate in -request to use at VikingPeerEdCtr@gmail.com
- Welcome Room- (RT 1241)- Peer Educator staffed office typically staffed from 10am-4pm.
- Community Room- (RT 1257)-training, meeting, and community building room
Peer Education Center Open House-February 5, 12-2, RT 1240, 1241, 1257
Food! Raffles! Give-Aways! Meet the Peer Education Teams; experience the self care room and see what’s happening with Peer Education!!
Certified Peer Education Training-3/12, 8am-5pm- Location TBA
Become a Nationally Certified Peer Education and support the health and wellness of CSU students. Learn skills you can use today and to build your resume. Sign up here https://forms.gle/rTX7bieRMRbGYpwNA
Peer Education Training Day -2/1/2019, 10am-2pm
Existing CPE trained Peer Educators and interested Peer Educators! In one day, get most of the additional training needed to carry out Certified Peer Education responsibilities. Sing up for one, sign up for them all-your choice! Lunch WILL be served. Sign up in Peer Ed office in RT 1241 or email VikingPeerEdCtr@gmail.com
Trainings will include: QPR, Empowered Bystander, Safe Messaging, AISAP, and Safe Space.
Peer Educators are a trained, committed group of student leaders who promote the health of the CSU campus community. They are trained through the BACCHUS Network.
As part of the Health and Wellness Team, Peer Educators:
- Provide their peers with information about pertinent health topics and resources
- Support the education and outreach efforts of the Health and Wellness Center
- Applicants must be in good academic and disciplinary standing.
- Applicants must complete the application.
- Candidates must have two references. One of these references must be completed by a faculty or staff member.
- Candidates must sign up for an interview in Health and Wellness Services, Student Wellness office in IM 205. Contact Denise Keary at 216-687-3649.
- Assisting and contributing to a positive peer-to-peer environment.
- Have a history of student leadership/working with peers/groups in high school or college, and involvement in campus life.
- Sensitivity to and interest in health and wellness issues
- Enthusiasm and commitment for working on a team and making a difference.
- Ability to be a resource and refer students to campus services.
- Ability to model appropriate behavior for peers.
- Availability to attend Peer Educator Training and meetings throughout the academic year are mandatory.
Peer Educator General Responsibilities:
For more information about Peer Education or other volunteer opportunities with
the Health & Wellness Center, contact Denise Keary, Health and Wellness Coordinator, 216-687-3649