Peer Educators are a trained, committed group of student leaders who promote the health of the CSU campus community. They are trained through the BACCHUS Network.
As part of the Health and Wellness Team, Peer Educators:
- Provide their peers with information about pertinent health topics and resources
- Support the education and outreach efforts of the Health and Wellness Center
Peer Education Training Dates:
Wednesday, July 17, 8am-5pm, Location TBD
Tuesday, August 6, 8am-5pm, Location TBD
Tuesday, October 15, 8am-5pm (no classes on this day, Columbus Day Observance), Location TBD
Locations will be confirmed upon registration. Applications can be found online at: https://orgsync.com/129871/forms/365142
- Applicants must be in good academic and disciplinary standing.
- Applicants must complete the application.
- Candidates must have two references. One of these references must be completed by a faculty or staff member.
- Candidates must sign up for an interview in Health and Wellness Services, Student Wellness office in IM 205. Contact Denise Keary at 216-687-3649.
- Assisting and contributing to a positive peer-to-peer environment.
- Have a history of student leadership/working with peers/groups in high school or college, and involvement in campus life.
- Sensitivity to and interest in health and wellness issues
- Enthusiasm and commitment for working on a team and making a difference.
- Ability to be a resource and refer students to campus services.
- Ability to model appropriate behavior for peers.
- Availability to attend Peer Educator Training and meetings throughout the academic year are mandatory.
Peer Educator General Responsibilities:
For more information about Peer Education or other volunteer opportunities with
the Health & Wellness Center, contact Denise Keary, Health and Wellness Coordinator, 216-687-3649