Peer Educators are a trained, committed group of student leaders who promote the health of the CSU campus community. They are trained through NASPA- National Association of Student Affairs Professionals.
As part of the Health and Wellness Team, Peer Educators:
- Provide their peers with information about pertinent health topics and resources.
- Support the education and outreach efforts of the Health and Wellness Center.
- Applicants must be in good academic and disciplinary standing.
- Applicants must complete the application.
- Candidates must have two references. One of these references must be completed by a faculty or staff member.
- Student must sign up for an interview with the Wellness Coordinator in Student Center Room 319. Contact Denise Keary at 216-687-2048.
Preference will be given to students who have demonstrated the following:
- Assisting and contributing to a positive peer-to-peer environment.
- Have a history of student leadership/working with peers/groups in high school or college, and involvement in campus life.
- Sensitivity to and interest in health and wellness issues
- Enthusiasm and commitment for working on a team and making a difference.
- Ability to be a resource and refer students to campus services.
- Ability to model appropriate behavior for peers.
- Availability to attend Peer Educator Training and meetings throughout the academic year are mandatory.
Peer Educator General Responsibilities:
- Serve as a positive role model for their peers.
- Be in good academic and disciplinary standing.
- Serve as a resource and role model as a peer educator regarding safety and wellness for individual students and the community.
- Practice confidentiality and discretion as defined by the program.
- Attend formal training sessions as scheduled and attend meetings as scheduled.
- Plan at least one larger group program and several subgroup programs during the academic year.
For more information contact Denise Keary, Wellness Coordinator at 216-687-2048
Training is hybrid. Students must complete virtual training before in person training on Monday, October 11 from 9am-12pm.
Complete the registration form by October 1.