Building recognition for Cleveland State University is critical to fostering community support, alumni activity and donor interest, as well as attracting the highest quality students, faculty and staff. This is accomplished by determining the right messages for target audiences and developing marketing objectives, strategies and tactics to communicate effectively.
What We Do
University Marketing is Cleveland State's in-house agency for marketing and communications. The group is structured as an advertising or public relations firm, emphasizing marketing strategy, account service, graphic design, production, media relations, social/emerging media, photography and video. Our services include:
- Developing and implementing promotional plans, special events, multi-media presentations, and advertising and social media campaigns
- Serving as a liaison between the University and the media to ensure that accurate information is communicated to the public, as well as organizing press conferences and receptions for significant announcements
- Producing a variety of printed materials and other collateral
- Preparing web and electronic publications
- Providing creative direction and design for official University website pages
There is no charge for our services except for outside services/items we purchase on your behalf (e.g., printing, photography, giveaways, etc.) and a small charge for video services. Estimates are provided in advance for approval. In-house video production fees are $100 to $250, depending on location requirements. If a third-party video production firm is required due to capacity restraints, projects will be quoted through our regular bid system and shared with you in advance.
Your first step in working with University Marketing is to complete the project authorization form (PAF), which helps us ensure we have all of the critical information that is needed to start working on your project. Access the form using your CSU ID and password, and then answer each question to the best of your ability. The more detail you provide on the form the more quickly we can open a project for you and assign the right team members to your project.