For students to receive the accommodation of SIGN LANGUAGE INTERPRETERS, CART, or closed CAPTIONING for classes, meetings, and student events they must be registered with the Office of Disability Services. Requests for ASL, CART, and Closed Captioning must be placed by requesting your Faculty Notification Letters in our online system. To Guarantee that we are able to accommodate a student using ASL or CART we need students to submit their requests for those services given the following advanced notice.
- 10 business days for classes
- 2 business days for meetings, events, or tutoring sessions
Your requests for those accommodations in regularly scheduled classes must be submitted by requesting your Faculty Notification Letter request in our online system. If you need an interpreter for course activities outside of class time, appointments, events, tutoring, or other campus activities we will need you to submit those request through the Custom Request form in the Disability Services Online System. We need those requests 2 days before the event which you need the service. The request cut off time is at 4:00PM 2 days before the event.
- Login to the Disability Services Online System
- Click Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Click Custom Request
- Click Custom Request
- Choose from the dropdown list if the request is a Non Class related request or you can choose one of your classes if it is an activity related to the class
- Click the Continue to Specify Custom Request button
- Please fill out all details of the form as thoroughly as possible
- When finished click the Submit Custom Request button
Please try to cancel ASL, CART, and Closed Captioning Services as soon as you know you do not need the service. We need a 24 hour cancellation notice for ASL and CART. Please send cancellation notices to email@example.com.
Closed captioning for content in classes should be prompted to start by requesting your faculty notification letters. If videos for your classes are not captioned let your Disability Specialist or the Alternative Media Specialist know so that the professor can be contacted. So that captioning of videos for classes is not delayed please request your faculty notification letters at least 10 business days before the start of your classes.