CSU Shared Resources
If you have found something useful in moving your teaching to a remote format, please fill out our survey to share! If you have any concerns or need extra assistance, you are welcome to use this form to submit your requests to CFE.
Resources and suggestions from this survey will be posted to our CSU Shared Resources page.
Suggested Tools for Remote Instruction
Contact a Faculty Champion
Resources from Past CFE Workshops
In the event of a campus closure or cancellation of in-person gatherings, please review the following resources (from workshops offered previously by the Center for Faculty Excellence) for methods and tools to transform your in-person class to an online course. We have also included a resource bank on our CFE workshops page.
We will also post outside resources as they become available. If you have found a source especially helpful, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to have it reviewed for inclusion in our list.
- Quality Improvement Resources for Your Online Course (eLearning website/ PowerPoint / Handout)
- Practices to Promote Honesty in Online Courses (PowerPoint)
- Lecture Capture (Panopto Webinar)
- Creating & Editing a Panopto Recording (PowerPoint)
- Bringing a Guest Speaker to Class Through Videoconferencing (PowerPoint)
- Microsoft Teams (PowerPoint / Handout)
- Microsoft Teams for Professional Learning Communities, March 2021 (Recording)
- The Lightboard (PowerPoint / YouTube example)
- Using Flipgrid for Flipped Instruction (Panopto video / PowerPoint)
- Podcasting: Sharing Ideas & Creating Content (Video)
- Making the Most of Outlook to Improve Productivity (Handout)
- Digital Accessibility by Disability Type (Panopto video / PowerPoint)
- Ally for Blackboard (eLearning website)
CSU Contacts for Assistance
- Center for Faculty Excellence (email) - General resources, online pedagogy, consultations
- Shared Faculty Resources for Remote Teaching (CSU login required)
- Center for eLearning (email)
Non-CSU Affiliated Resources
- 8 Steps to a More Engaging Online Meeting (Infographic)
- Pedagogies of Care: Open Resources for Student-Centered & Adaptive Strategies in the New Higher-Ed Landscape
- Arizona State University
- REMOTE, the Connected Faculty Summit - a FREE online conference (July 13-14) hosted by ASU to identify & promote pedagogy, techniques, and tools by faculty for online & blended learning. Learn how to design the most engaging experience for learners.
- Foundations for Excellence in Teaching Online - An on-demand, self-directed course on effective online pedagogy.
- Teach Online Website - a public listserv of resources on designing, developing, and delivering online courses, curated by the ASU instructional & learning design community.
- Design for Online Toolkit - A toolkit of essential, vetted resources on quality online course development & delivery.
- Inside Higher Ed - Practical Advice for Instructors Faced with an Abrupt Move to Online Teaching
- Chronicle for Higher Education - Going Online in a Hurry: What to Do and Where to Start
- DePaul University CTL - Remote Teaching Resources for Business Continuity (Crowd-sourced Google Document)
- University of Minnesota - Copyright & Rapidly Shifting Your Course from In-Person to Online