As a College Credit Plus student at Cleveland State University, you are entitled to use all the academic and emotional support resources at the university. We strongly encourage you to take advantage of them!
Find out which majors are a best for you by taking our majors quiz!
Tutoring and Academic Success Center (TASC)
Counseling & Academic Success Clinic (CASC)
Operation STEM (OpSTEM is typically for undergraduate students. However, CCP students have participated and been successful. All queries should go to Dr. Susan Carver, OpSTEM Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org).
Dr. Walker's Flying Circus of Physics
CSU Channel on YouTube
other useful links and info
How to determine if the course you took at CSU will transfer to another public college in Ohio, or, An Introduction to TAG (Transfer Assurance Guide) courses
Beyond CCp: our graduates are excelling, making change, and advancing knowledge
Dorothy Pharis--The Ohio State University
Danielle Harris and Lauryn Hamilton--Yale and Cornell Universities
Matthew Moody--Cleveland State University
Alicia Key--Baldwin-Wallace University
Caitlin Jugler--Temple University
Isaac Cooper--The Ohio State University
Melina Lawrence--The University of Pennsylvania
Jahci Perry-Richardson--Case Western Reserve University
Kent Adams--Georgetown University
Weixiong Xu--The Ohio State University
FAQ REGARDING ONLINE COURSES FOR CCP STUDENTS
The Undergraduate Studies policy for CCP students and undergraduate students who have less than thirty (30) credit hours is that online courses are not permissible. This policy is predicated on several factors:
- Historically, this group of students tend to underperform in these courses when compared to peers who have more than 30 hours/higher class standing. Research consistently and strongly suggests that adolescent learners are better served in a learning community, not learning alone.
- Students who are not familiar with Blackboard, the learning platform we use, may have a long learning curve for it. We have seen students struggle to master it while also trying to take the course. This generally results in missed assignments, missed deadlines, etc.
- We don't know the technology access of every student in our program. We do not want to create a hierarchy of students who have high-quality technology in their homes (wifi, laptops/tablets, etc) and who already have technology expertise and those students who do not. We would rather teach all students to be confident and successful with educational technology during the pendency of in-person lecture and lab courses so all students move forward equitably.
There are exceptions to this policy.
- HSC 203, Medical Terminology, is only offered online. CCP students have done well in this course, which is well-organized and worth one (1) credit hour.
- HED 210, Personal Health, is also a good online choice for CCP students who need the Health credit for high school. Students often take this course in the summer.
- Once CCP students have established a strong GPA, online PHY 101 or 102, Flying Circus of Physics, has been a solid choice for students who need an additional science credit and who do not believe they are going into a STEM field.
Please email email@example.com if you have questions or concerns.