Ohio Revised Code 3345.32 mandates that Ohio students who are required to register with the US Selective Service but have not done so are ineligible for state of Ohio tuition subsidy. Under the law, Ohio universities are required to charge such students the non-resident tuition rate.
Almost all male US citizens, regardless of where they live, and male immigrants, whether documented or undocumented, residing in the United States, who are 18 through 25 years of age, are required to register with the Selective Service within 30 days of their eighteenth birthday.
For complete information regarding who must register for Selective Service and exemptions, or to register with the Selective Service, please visit the US Government Official Selective Service System website.
To continue your Ohio Residency-For-Tuition-Purposes (OH RFTP) classification, CSU is required to obtain your Selective Service Registration Number (SSRN). You may submit your registration number by completing the attached statement and submitting to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are already registered, but you do not remember your SSRN, you can obtain it at the official Selective Service website.
It is the student's responsibility to provide the University with that number. If you do not provide your SSRN, the University must assess the non-resident tutiion surcharge to your tuition bill. If you submit your verification after the surcharge has been assessed to your student account, please allow up to 14 business days for your verification to be reviewed and processed.
Students are expected to make full payment by their appropriate payment due date. Payment deadlines may not be waived or extended while a student's RFTP is under review or while you are waiting to receive your SSRN.
- Students under the age of 18
- Students born before 1960
- Students on active duty with the armed forces of the US excluding training in a reserve or National Guard unit (you must provide a Leave and Earnings Statement)
- Non-immigrant alien students lawfully in the US in accordance with Section 101(A)(15) of the Immigration and Nationality Act U.S.C. (you must provide a Status Information Letter)
- Permanent residents of a Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands or the Northern Mariana Islands and not a US citizen
- Students assigned female at birth
- Students over the age of 26 or became a permanent resident of the US after the age of 26 (you must provide a Status Information Letter)
Questions? Please email us at email@example.com