- PAYMENT DUE DATES, BALANCES AND OTHER IMPORTANT PAYMENT INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE ON CAMPUSNET.
- EMAIL REMINDER NOTICES ARE SENT TO A STUDENT'S CSU EMAIL ACCOUNT REGULARLY.
- PLEASE NOTE: THE OFFICE OF THE UNIVERSITY BURSAR DOES NOT ISSUE PAPER INVOICES.
- PERSONAL PAYMENTS THAT ARE $500 OVER A STUDENT ACCOUNT BALANCE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
When to Pay
All payments are due on the MONDAY prior to the first day of instruction each semester. A student account must be paid in full or you must be enrolled in a payment plan before the first day of academic instruction in order to avoid late payment penalties, collection activity and account holds. The University will not register a student, confer a degree on a student, or provide an official transcript to any student or former student who has any financial obligation to the University (other than a loan not yet due).
Students who have an unpaid balance or are not current with their budget payment plan installments will not be permitted to keep their future term enrollment. Students who have an outstanding balance at the end of a term may not participate in an upcoming term until their debt has been satisfied or reduced to an acceptable level.
Payment Due Dates
|Semester||Undergraduate / Graduate Students / Law Students|
|MONDAY, August 21, 2023|
|MONDAY, January 8, 2024|
|Summer 2024 (all sessions)||
MONDAY, May 13, 2024
FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROHIBIT THE USE OF CURRENT FINANCIAL AID FOR PAYMENT OF PAST-DUE CHARGES. STUDENTS MAY NOT USE CURRENT OR FUTURE FINANCIAL AID OVER $200 TO REPAY A DEBT FROM A PRIOR ACADEMIC YEAR. Federal Financial Aid will automatically pay your current academic year institution charges (i.e. tuition, fees, room & board) and up to $200 of any prior academic year charges. Non-Federal funds (private loans) can be used to pay a prior term balance.
The University assesses a $100 late charge on every student account each month if payment in full or enrollment in a payment plan with an accompanying payment is not received by the due date. Students enrolled in a budget payment plan are assessed a $50 late fee each month a payment is late or only a partial payment is received. Failure to pay amounts due will result in the certificaion of outstanding balances to the Ohio Attorney General's Office. Additional fees are assessed by the AG's Office and students are NOT PERMITTED to enroll until a balance with the Attorney General's Office is paid in full.
- For students on a Budget Payment Plan, please be aware that your first payment must be received BEFORE you are able to enroll on-line in a Budget Payment Plan. Your initial payment must include a minimum percentage of your current semester balance plus any previous amount due.
- Check - Accepted online, through the U.S. Mail and via the Express Payment Center at the Payment Processing Office. NOTE THAT IF YOUR ACCOUNT IS PAST DUE, THE HOLD ON YOUR ACCOUNT REMAINS FOR AN ADDITIONAL 10 DAYS UNTIL YOUR PAYMENT CLEARS OUR BANK ACCOUNT. Certified funds (cashier's check/money order) do not require additional 10 days.
- Credit Card - Visa, MasterCard and Discover Card are accepted online only. A 2.9% service charge is assessed (minimum fee for transactions between $20 and $106 is $3.00). International card payments will have a 4.25% service charge. When paying though CampusNet, please turn off pop-up blockers.
- Cash - Not accepted.
- Online - Secure electronic payments by check or by credit card can be made online through CampusNet. Log onto CampusNet and click on the Account tab, then on Make Payment and follow the instructions. Your student account balance is updated immediately when making a payment on-line.
- There is no fee to pay by electronic check. (Your bank routing number begins with the first two digits of 01 - 12, 21 - 32, or 61 - 72) (You must type in your routing and account number, please do not use a copy/paste function.)
- Visa, MasterCard and Discover are accepted. Note that a 2.9% service fee is assessed with all credit card payments.
- Mail - Only checks and money orders made payable to Cleveland State University should be mailed. Payments should be sent to:
Cleveland State University
Bursar's Office - BH 114
2121 Euclid Ave
Cleveland, Ohio 44115
Please write your CSU ID number on the front of the check. Do not mail credit card information or cash. Also, do not use the interoffice Campus Mail service to deliver any check, credit card or cash payment. *Note, if you are sending payments that require a physical address (UPS, FedEx, etc.) please use our "CAMPUS LOCATION" address, which you will find on the lefthand side of this page.
- Express Payment Center (located outside Parking & Transportation Services BH115) - Checks and money orders can be securely deposited at the Express Payment Center. Please include your CSU ID number on all checks.
Paying with a 529 plan?
- Contact your 529 Administrator.
- Notify your administrator to pay Cleveland State University
- Inform them of the Amount.
- Include the student’s name and CSU ID number
- Include the full payment address:
- Cleveland State University
2121 Euclid Ave, BH114
Cleveland, OH 44115
- Cleveland State University
- Your 529 Administrator will mail your payment check to the University. Please allow ample time for processing and mailing (we recommend up to 10 days).
PHONE PAYMENTS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
The University is required to report the receipt of cash and cash-like items (money order, bank check, traveler’s check, cashier’s check, etc.) in excess of $10,000 to the IRS. Funds can be submitted in one transaction, or in two or more related transactions throughout the semester. Cleveland State reports these transactions by filing IRS Form 8300. Please refer to IRS Publication 1544 for more information.
Note: A check drawn on the payer’s own account, such as a personal check, regardless of amount, is currently exempt from the IRS reporting requirements.
When you provide a check as payment, you authorize CSU to either use the information from your check to make a one-time electronic funds transfer from your account or to process the payment as a check transaction. When we use information from your check to make an electronic funds transfer, funds may be withdrawn from your account as soon as the same day you make your payment.
- Check 21
The "Check Clearing for the 21st Century Act," also known as "Check 21" has been implemented within our Office. Check 21 allows Cleveland State to convert each paper check into a digital image, able to be transmitted electronically to the bank.
- Please be aware that funds are often debited from your account the same day your check is presented. It is important to make sure you have funds available in your account when you present a check as a form of payment.
- Dishonored Checks
If a check or e-check payment presented to CSU is returned by the bank for any reason (incorrect account information, insufficient funds, closed account, stop payment, etc.) the returned check, along with a returned check fee up to $30.00 will be charged to the student account for whom the payment was presented. The $30.00 fee is assessed for each returned check regardless of the check amount. If an account indicates a history of returned checks, or a student fails to clear the check within 30 days, the University may suspend a student's check writing privileges. Please note that placing a stop payment on a check submitted to CSU as payment does not constitute a formal withdrawal from the University or cancelation of registration. Your student account may be assessed a late payment fee if your returned item causes your student account not to be paid by the tuition due date.
Foreign Checks and Wire Transfer Payments
Cleveland State University does not accept foreign checks. For the benefit of our international students, wire transfers are the preferred method of remitting payments. This allows a student to access their funds within 48 hours rather than the usual six to eight weeks required for processing a foreign check.
International students should utilize FlyWire when paying from outside of the U.S. Go to Flywire.com to begin. You can also learn more here https://www.csuohio.edu/bursar/international-student-payments