Types of Curricular Change and Notes
- When merging, abolishing, or suspending a program, ALL DOCUMENTATION from the previous phase(s) must be sent to the next phase.
Phase 1 of 4
Written initiation by appropriate level administration or faculty. Must be sent to all of the following:
- Affected unit(s) or program
- College Curriculum Committee
- Dean's Office
- University Curriculum Committee
- Other relevant committees
Must include rationale for proposed action.
Phase 2 of 4
- Response from department(s) or unit(s) affected, if action is initiated by administration
- Recommendation from department(s), in case action initiated by faculty
Types of Curricular change and Notes: Responses should be forwarded to those who initiated the action.
Phase 3 of 4
- College Curriculum Committee (CCC) discusses proposed action with department(s) or unit(s) involved
- CCC holds open meetings for all concerned faculty to voice opinions
- CCC brings recommendations to college faculty
- College faculty makes recommendation to College Dean(s)
Phase 4 of 4
- Recommendation/action by college deans to University Curriculum Committee
- University Curriculum Committee sends recommendation to Faculty Steering
- Faculty Senate sends recommendation to Provost
- Provost makes recommendation for action