Types of Curricular change and Notes:
- Modification to existing major: Change in credits required (including credits of a required course); course requirements; changes in prerequisites leading to additional courses; new, modified or deleted track, specialization or concentration in existing major.
- A teach out plan is needed for students if a track is deleted.
- Requirements cannot be added to an active catalog because it would violate students' catalog rights.
Estimated Time for Approval (from beginning of process to final approval):
- 1 semester if no revisions are requested by an approval body;
- 1.5 - 2 semesters if revisions are requested by an approval body;
- Committees do not meet over the summer!
|Approval Body||Timelines / Deadlines|
March 1 for following Fall and Spring semesters.