What is Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
DHS (Department of Homeland Security) defines Curricular Practical Training as employment that is an integral or important part of your curriculum. For example, this may be an internship, a thesis, or required practicum. You must receive academic credit for the work experience during the same semester that you are using CPT.
Permission is granted and reported by the Designated School Official (DSO) to the DHS in SEVIS.
1. You must be maintaining lawful F-1 status.
2. You must have been a full time student for at least one academic year.
3. You must meet good academic progression and academic standards under the University Guidelines.
4. You must not have I’s or X’s on your current CSU transcript.
5. The proposed employment must be an integral part of your studies.
6. You must have a job offer in writing from an employer