Veteran Student Success Program - Viking Vets

Military Credit

External Test Credit & Military Credit

Cleveland State University also accepts all ACE recommended military credits for transfer. Note however, that military credits accepted for transfer may not assist you in earning a degree any faster if your AFSC/MOS/Rating does not align with your academic major.  Regardless, we recommend that you submit your CCAF transcript or Joint Service Transcript for full consideration of your service training and experience.  You can order your transcripts and have them forwarded directly to the Office of Admissions (NOT the Veteran Student Success Program).

Request your Joint Service Transcript – U.S. Army, U.S. Coast Guard, U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Navy

Request your Community College of the Air Force – U.S. Air Force


Cleveland State University grants credit for qualifying scores earned in the Advanced Placement (AP) and all College Level Examination Program (CLEP) examinations (both offered by the College Board).  Cleveland State University is also reviewing the DANTES Standard Subject Tests (DSST) for transfer acceptance.  Note that in addition to accepting all CLEP examinations for credit, CSU administers all CLEPs on campus.

Follow the links below for information on credits available for the various examinations.

Students seeking credit for AP or CLEP examinations must have their official score report sent directly from the College Board to the Office of the University Registrar (NOT to the Veteran Student Success Program).


Waiver Application; (Asia, Africa, Latin America and Middle East Cultural Requirement)