Veteran & Military Student Success Center - Viking Vets

Military/Transfer Credit

Ohio Values Veterans 
Cleveland State University accepts ACE-recommended military credits for transfer. PLEASE NOTE: military credits may not assist you in earning a degree any faster if your AFSC/MOS/Rating does not align with your academic major. Regardless, we recommend that you submit your CCAF transcript or Joint Service Transcript for full consideration of your service training and experience. You can order your transcripts and have them forwarded directly to the Office of Admissions (NOT the Veteran and Military Success Center).

Did you serve overseas? Would you like to apply for a Gen Ed waiver for your experience? CSU has created a waiver process that will help you satisfy a cultural requirement toward graduation IF you qualify. Click the link below to start the form if you have a deployment, OCONUS tour, or some type of overseas service you want to submit for review.

Cleveland State University grants credit for qualifying scores earned in the Advanced Placement (AP) and all College Level Examination Program (CLEP) examinations (both offered by the College Board). Cleveland State University is also reviewing the DANTES Standard Subject Tests (DSST) for transfer acceptance. Note that in addition to accepting all CLEP examinations for credit, CSU administers all CLEPs on campus.

Follow the links below for information on credits available for the various examinations.

Students seeking credit for AP or CLEP examinations must have their official score report sent directly from the College Board to the Office of the University Registrar (NOT to the Veteran Student Success Program).