Orientation is an action packed adventure that will prepare you for a smooth transition to becoming a Cleveland State University Viking. Expect to meet new people, experience fun activities and learn all about the University. At Orientation, we will provide you with all the information you need in a convenient and concise way. You learn, first hand, about all the services we provide that will assist you in your transition. Bring your thinking caps and your go Vikings positive spirit and you will be sure to have an enjoyable experience.
During Orientation, you will be broken down into small groups led by your Orientation Leader (an outstanding upper class student that was once in your shoes). Your Orientation Leader will help you meet other new students, learn all about Cleveland State, and make sure you're ready for your first semester of classes at Cleveland State. Your Orientation Leader is your personal guide; don’t be afraid to ask questions – they are here to help you.
During Orientation you will:
- Meet individually with your academic advisor to talk about your classes and major
- Register for your first semester classes
- Learn how to use CampusNet
- Eat lunch while getting to know other new students
- Connect with student organizations and departments at Cleveland State
- Get your Cleveland State Viking Card (ID card)
- Learn all about Cleveland State through information sessions on financial aid, parking, safety, student involvement and more
- Take a tour of our residence halls - Fenn Tower and Euclid Commons (optional)
- Get your free CSU t-shirt
- And...make friends with other new students
We have packed all this into a one day program for your convenience. Check-in for Orientation will begin at 8:00 a.m. in the Student Center ballroom. The program will start promptly at 8:30 a.m. and end around 3:30 p.m. It is imperative that you stay the entire time in order to complete all the official steps to becoming a Cleveland State student.
Once you are signed up for an Orientation program, you will receive your Orientation confirmation letter detailing the date, time, location and your number of guests. You need to make sure that all the information on the confirmation letter is correct. If anything is incorrect or you need to cancel or change the date, contact the Orientation staff at 216.687.9379.