Your first step to becoming a Cleveland State student is attending New Student Orientation.
Orientation is a mandatory, full-day program designed to welcome you to campus and prepare you to be a Cleveland State student. Orientation is a fun-filled day and includes the following:
- Meeting with your college academic advisor
- Registering for your first semester classes
- Understanding the general education requirements and required courses
- Getting your Cleveland State Viking Card (ID card)
- Exploring the campus with CSU Orientation Leaders
- Learning about Cleveland State University
- Meeting classmates, current students and staff
- Important sessions on student involvement, classes, academic resources, campus safety, financial aid, tuition and bills, parking and more!
Orientation programs for freshmen admitted for Summer and Fall semesters will begin in April and occur throughout the summer. During the Spring after students are admitted, they will receive a letter through the mail inviting them to sign up for Orientation. Registration dates will go live in March for students to begin signing up. New Student Orientation programs are full day programs that occur from approximately 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Sign Up Instructions
Each Orientation program can accommodate a limited number of students. We strongly encourage you to sign up early to reserve your space and for the best selection of classes.
- Call us at 216.687.9379 during normal business hours.
- The easiest way: Sign up online through CampusNet.
Starting in March, and once you have paid your enrollment fee and taken the Math Placement test, CampusNet will display available Orientation dates and times. You will need to know your 7-digit CSU ID number and password when signing up for Orientation.
Once you have logged into CampusNet, click on the Applicant Tab. Below the Applicant Tab, you will see 'Orientation.' By clicking on Orientation, you will be able to view available dates and schedule your Orientation.
After signing up for Orientation, you will receive your Orientation confirmation via e-mail. A confirmation letter will also be sent one month prior to your scheduled session, in the mail. Both confirmations will include a list of what to bring to Orientation and what to expect during orientation. An electronic parking pass barcode for the day will be e-mailed to you seven days prior to your scheduled program. Call our office if you do not receive this information at the appropriate time.