UPPER AND LOWER DIVISIONS available
Advancing Excellence in Nursing Professionals
The undergraduate curriculum is approved by the Ohio Board of Nursing and is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). There is a nationwide shortage of RNs, especially those prepared at baccalaureate and higher levels. CSU BSN graduates are helping to meet this critical need in Ohio.
Choose Ohio First is an initiative focused on creating a more competitive economy and stronger workforce in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM fields) in Ohio. Choose Ohio First provides scholarships to students pursuing a career in these fields. Awards range from $1,500 - $7,000 per academic year and are renewable contingent on continued eligibility and state funding. The School of Nursing is pleased to have received COF funds to support the preparation of professional nurses. Please visit the Ohio Department of Higher Education's website for more information about the Choose Ohio First Program at https://www.ohiohighered.org/chooseohio1st.
Who Can Apply?
- Be a Cleveland State University student new to the University in Spring 2018 or Fall 2018
- Be admitted into a pre-licensure Nursing program at Cleveland State University
- Be an Ohio resident
- Have a grade point average of 3.5 or higher
- Make a commitment to the Choose Ohio First program requirements
- Be enrolled in all required Nursing courses
- Not already be receiving a full scholarship
- Have a current FAFSA on file with Financial Aid (www.fafsa.ed.gov)
*Please note that programs designated as "Upper Level" are only open to incoming transfer students or current Choose Ohio First Scholars already participating in another program
What are the Program Requirements?
- Provide ten (10) hours of service to the School of Nursing each semester during which an COF award is received
- Maintain a 3.25 GPA each semester
How Do I Apply?
January 1, 2018: Priority consideration deadline for freshman planning to attend CSU in Fall 2018.
April 1, 2018: Priority consideration deadline for transfer students planning to attend CSU in Fall 2018.
For More Information Contact:
Mary Leanza Manzuk