iTEP is a 90-minute internet-based test of English language skills. The exam consists of five sections: grammar, listening, reading, writing, and speaking. Each section includes questions targeting a variety of levels of English proficiency. Score reports show test-taker’s overall level, as well as scores attained on each section.
For information on preparing for iTEP, please visit:
For Cleveland State University’s international admissions iTEP requirements, please visit:
To register for iTEP:
- Download a registration form here. Please bring your completed registration form and $119.00 fee to Testing Services in Rhodes West #215. You may also mail your registration form with payment to Cleveland State University Testing Services, 2121 Euclid Avenue, Rhodes Tower West #215, Cleveland, OH 44115-2214. We accept checks or money orders payable to Cleveland State University. Cash is accepted if you register in person – please do not send cash in the mail. Once you submit these registration materials, give us a call at 216-687-2272 to schedule an appointment for your exam.
On test day:
- Please arrive a few minutes before your scheduled time.
- Bring a government-issued photo ID that matches the ID you provided on your registration form.
- Request that your scores be released to Cleveland State University.
- Be aware that no cell phones or other personal belongings are permitted in the testing room.
- Try to answer every question to the best of your ability. There is no penalty for wrong answers, and each question is worth the same number of points.
For a comprehensive iTEP orientation guide, please visit: