The following admission requirements apply to all students applying to graduate programs.
Students must meet all of the following minimum requirements:
- Completed application with a $40 non-refundable application fee. Application fees cannot be waived or deferred.
- Transcripts of academic work and degree certificates from each college/university attended. All school records should be submitted in the original language and should be accompanied by a certified English translation.
- Proof of having met at least one of the English language proficiency requirements. CSU offers students the following choices to prove English language proficiency:
TOEFL iBT (Internet-Based): 78 and at least 17 in each section TOEFL PBT (Paper-Based): 550 IELTS: 6.0 and at least 5.0 in each section PTE (Pearsons Test of English): 50 iTEP: 3.8
- Successful completion of CSU's IELP (Intensive English Language Program) Advanced Level, with a grade of 80% or better. www.csuohio.edu/ce/ielp/
- Completion of English language studies (Level 112) from any of the ELS Language Centers (www.els.com).
- Graduated from a secondary school or accredited college/university in the US or from one of the TOEFL exempted countries.
- Official score report of the GRE, GMAT, or MAT if required by your department. The admitting program has the option of requiring additional test results from applicants. Please check your department's requirements. Click here
- Letters of recommendation are required for most programs, but not all. Please check your specific program requirement.
TOEFL requirements for graduate applicants applying to the College of Engineering:
- Paper Based Test (PBT) - 550 (or)
- Computer Based Test (PBT) - 213 (or)
- Internet Based Test (IBT) - 78 (Reading: 20, Listening: 21, Writing: 17, Speaking 20)
***Some graduate programs require higher TOEFL scores than the minimum listed. Please review the minimum admissions requirements by program.
If you have questions about the University's admission requirements, contact email@example.com.