The University provides short-term parking at meters and digital PayStations. Click here for a map of Visitor locations. Pre-payment is required for all meters and PayStations and they are enforce 24 hours/everyday. Citations will be issued on expired spaces every four hours. CSU Parking permits are not valid in at PayStation spaces except when displayed with a disabled parking placard on vehicles parked in designated disabled parking spaces or parking sign states differently. Prepaid contractor passes or vouchers are also not accepted at coin meter and PayStation spaces, unless it is clearly stated on the pass.
All CSU coin meters offer a four (4) hour time parking limit. The parking rate is $.25 per 10 minutes or $1.50 per hour; the meters accept U.S. quarters only.
PayStations allow parking up to four (4) hours and accept cash or credit (once payment is submitted, no additional time can be added at the Pay Station). PayStations DO NOT give change - exact payment is required and excess payments will not be refunded. CSU Prepaid permits are not valid in at PayStation spaces except when displayed with a disabled parking placard on vehicles parked in designated disabled parking spaces or parking sign states differently.
Short-term parking is located in the following areas on campus, all locations provide payment through the Passport Mobile Parking App (information below):
- Lot 20 (Police Lot) - Passport Parking only and limited coin meter spaces.
- Lot 22 (Student Center) - PayStation - Located near the Student Center doors.
- Rec Garage (RG) - PayStation - The PayStation is located near the Rec Center doors.
- Lot 70 (E. 24th Street by Euclid Commons) - PayStation - The PayStation is located near the Welcome Center doors.
- Lot 66 (Mather Mansion/Julka Hall Dr.) - PayStation - The PayStation is located near the door to Mather Mansion.
- Lot 40 (Wolstein Drive, off of Prospect Avenue) - PayStation - Two coin meter spaces. The PayStation is located in front of Wolstein Center.
- Lot 54* (E. 24th Street) - PayStation. The PayStation is located near the E. 24th Street entrance. This PayStation allows all day parking (until 11:59 p.m.) for $6.00. *This is the ONLY PayStation with this fee structure.
- Lot 21 (2001 Euclid Ave) – PayStation - The PayStation is located near the Music Building entrance.
- Lot 59 (E. 25th St.) - Meter parking.
- Lot 14 (Behind Krenzler Field) - Meter parking
Parking at a malfunctioning coin meter or PayStation is prohibited. Please notify Parking & Transportation Services at 216-687-2023 regarding a defective meter.
How to Use Pay Stations
- Touch screen to activate
- Enter parking space number
- Press OK
- Select the number corresponding to the hours you need to park.
- Accepts $1, $5, and $10 bills – (exact change only, no refunds)
- Accepts Debit cards, Discover, Visa & Master Card
- Please take your receipt – It shows when meter expires
- If you did not purchase enough time, you cannot extend time at the PayStation.
Adding Time - Passport Parking Mobile App
Passport Parking allows registered users to purchase and/or extend their time with a credit card (Visa, MC and Discover) via mobile app (smart phone required) or on the web for a $0.25 convenience fee per session. So long has you keep the current parking session active, you will only be charged one $0.25 convenience fee. The maximum extendable time (after initial time purchase) is up to four (4) hours. If payment is made through the PayStation or Passport Parking App, the time is calculated from the time of payment, it will not add Patrons who wish to park for longer periods should consider utilizing a pay-as-you-exit garage.
All Passport spaces are in zone 216.
- Having trouble using the Passport App? Call our dedicated help line: 216-539-0333