For the purpose of parking at Cleveland State University, any motorized vehicle that has two wheels will be the defined as a motorcycle and this includes mopeds and vehicles with smaller engines.
There are a total of 46 motorcycle spaces (specially marked ½ spaces) on campus. Any vehicle found outside of a permitted motorcycle parking area will receive a violation. Motorcycles will no longer be allowed on CSU sidewalks, bike racks, prepaid vehicle locations, automated garages, alleys or in CSU buildings with the exception of Lot 50, which may be utilized for motorcycle overflow parking (must have motorcycle permit). The University assumes no responsibility for the care and protection of motorcycles while on campus.
|Facility||Location||Total Spaces||Metered Spaces|
|M1||E. 18th Street, drive path to WG||9||8|
|M2||Central Garage Alley, access from E. 19th||13||6|
|M5||Rec Center (Permit Required)||4||0|
|M6||East Garage (Permit Required)||2||0|
Motorcycle Permits and Rates
Motorcycle permits are available for purchase in the Parking Office only (E. 24th & Euclid). The license plate, make, model, color and year and required on the registration form. Permits are only available to CSU students, faculty and staff. No refunds are offered for motorcycle permits and overnight parking is not available. Cash or credit are accepted forms of payment; no Payroll Deduction or student account. Motorcycles are subject to the same citation escalation fee schedule as vehicles. Patrons that purchase a motorcycle permit may park in metered spaces if all permit spaces are occupied.
|Term||Motorcycle permit with vehicle permit||motorcycle permit w/o vehicle permit|
|Meter rates: $0.25/30 minutes. Five (5) hour maximum purchase|
Like Motorcycles, bicycles do not require a registration on the CSU campus. As such, bicycles are not permitted to park in vehicle spaces. See below for bicycle parking areas on the CSU campus.
|Recreation Center main entrance||22|
|Fenn Tower east entrance / Julka Hall||10|
|Student Center east entrance||12|
|Rhodes Tower ground level (below plaza)||4|
|PE/Rec Center rear entrance (East Garage)||6|
|Urban Affairs rear entrance/East 17th||6|
|Urban Affairs east entrance/East 18th||6|
|Law School East 18th Street entrance||8|
|Law School rear/east entrance||7|
|Stilwell Hall main entrance||11|
|Science and Research Center||6|
|Main Classroom Euclid entrance||4|
|NW corner of East 24th and Euclid||2|
Bicycle parking on the CSU campus is restricted as follows:
- No parking at a tree, post, roadway utility pole, light post or banister, or parking meter. Take special note that parking at handrails and banisters cause problems for pedestrians. Please refrain from doing this.
- No parking on lawns.
- Bicycles may not be stored or parked in any campus building (except as permitted in the dormitory).
- Bicycles operating in areas primarily intended for pedestrians (e.g. sidewalks, plazas, etc) MUST yield right of way to pedestrians.
- Always secure your bicycle with a lock to an official CSU bike parking rack.
- The University assumes no responsibility for the care and protection of bicycles while on campus.
- Call Parking & Transportation Services at 216.687.2023 for more information.