Purchase permits via CSU GO Online Parking System, by using your CSU ID and password to log-in. Permits are priced based on the parking access they provide relative to the parking location’s proximity to the core of campus. View the various parking locations on the Parking Map. Commuter Students have several options:
- White permits provide access to non-core, perimeter parking (including access to the South Garage). This permit option is priced to provide the maximum value.
- Green permits provide access to core parking and the South Garage.
- Evening [valid after 3:30p] permits provide access to most white and green parking locations based on specific time restrictions. South Garage access is not available with Evening and Night permits. This permit is only available during fall and spring semesters.
- Night [valid after 5:30p] permits provide access to most white and green parking locations based on specific time restrictions. South Garage access is not available with Evening and Night permits. This permit is only available during fall and spring semesters.
What this will mean to you?
- There will be limits on the numbers of Permits sold of each permit type and waiting lists will be maintained as permits sell out.
- You can save money, if you are willing to spend up to 10 minutes getting from a parking spot to your campus destination and/or use RTA and the Campus Safety Escort service.
- If you park on campus two (2) or more times per week, a White permit offers the best daily value for parking on campus.
- If you park on campus less frequently, a supply of “Scratch Off” permits will provide you with more flexibility. They are designated White ($6 per day) and Green ($9 per day) and are designed to allow the “once in a while” commuter access to prepaid parking on campus. The purchase of Scratch Off permits is limited to six (6) per day and a maximum of 32 per semester. Scratch off permits must be purchased in the parking office.
Additional Permit Information
- NEW - Printable Confirmation Permits - you will receive a confirmation email once you've purchased a permit that will include a link to print a confirmation permit (temporary) that provides access to campus for a few days until your permit arrives via US mail.
- White and Green Permits are valid for parking in designated parking locations from 5:00 a.m. - 11:59 p.m. daily.
- All returned permits will be assessed a $10 administrative fee.
- Your permit provides access to all locations assigned to your permit; not a specific lot or garage.
- Once a garage has filled, it will not be re-opened until 10 spaces become available.
- Follow @CSU_Parking on Twitter or Like us on Facebook to get real-time parking availability and updates.
- Patrons who wish to park on campus from 12:00 a.m. - 4:59 a.m. (overnight) will be required to purchase overnight access for an additional $100.00 per semester. Students must bring their permit to the office to receive the overnight access.
|CSU Parking Prices Fall Semester 2014|
|Option A–White Permit, valid 5:00am - 11:59pm||Price|
|Scratch-Off (Pre-paid daily)||$6.00|
|Option B—Green Permit, valid 5:00am - 11:59pm|
|Scratch-Off (Pre-paid daily)||$9.00|
|Option C—Evening Permit, valid 3:30pm - 11:59pm||$180.00|
|Option D— Night Permit, valid 5:30pm - 11:59pm||$165.00|
|Student Overnight, valid for 24/7 campus parking||$100.00|
|Option E||Visitor Parking|
|WHITE PERMIT LOCATIONS||GREEN PERMIT LOCATIONS||SCRATCH OFF LOCATIONS||EVENING & NIGHT PERMIT LOCATIONS (Fall & Spring only)|
|By purchasing a White Permit, you will be able to park in any of the following locations.||By purchasing a Green Permit, you will be able to park in any of the following locations.||Green Scratch Offs will be able to park in corresponding Green parking locations (see exceptions below)||Evening & Night Permits will be able to park in the Green or White locations after only 3:30pm [Evening] and 5:30pm [Night] (see exceptions below)|
|Lot 10 – Between, E. 21st and E. 22nd, south of Payne Ave||West Garage (WG) -E. 17th between Euclid and
|White Scratch Offs will be able to park in corresponding White parking locations (see exceptions below)||Evening & Night permits are NOT valid in South and Prospect Garages, short term parking and coin meters.|
|Lot 11 - Payne Court, between, E. 21st and E. 22nd||Central Garage (CG) - at the core of
campus - entrances on E. 19th and E.
|Scratch Offs are NOT valid in South and Prospect Garages, short term parking and coin meters.|
|Lot 14 - Payne, behind Krenzler Field||Main Classroom Garage (MG) - under
Main Classroom building, off E. 22nd.
|Lot 41 - 19th & Carnegie, near the Wolstein Loading Dock||UG Garage - under
the Science & Research building -
entrance from Chester Avenue.
|Lot 50 - Payne Ave, between, E. 22st and E. 23rd||Lot 61 - behind the
Chester Building - entrance from Chester
|Lot 51 - Payne Court, between, E. 22nd and E. 23rd||Lot 20 - north of the
Campus Safety building.
|Lot 54 - Between, E. 23rd and E. 24th, south of Payne||East Garage (EG) - east of the Recreation
Center - entrance from Chester Avenue
|Lot 57 - E. 24th, west of the Physical Plant building||South Garage - swipe in and out with your
|Lot 80 - south of Prospect, east of Heritage Hall (ONLY in designated “CSU Parking” spaces).|
|Lot 90 - E. 30th between Euclid and Chester. CSU section only.|
|South Garage - swipe in and out with your
Campus Safety Escort
Students who must walk on campus at night are encouraged to use CSU Escorts by calling 216-687-2020 (campus extension 2020) when traveling to and from destinations.
College Based Arrangements
Parking & Transportation Services has made arrangements with specific colleges or academic departments to address unique service situations.
- College of Business:
Accelerated MBA and Executive MBA students may contact the college's office for details.
- College of Law:
Recent graduates preparing for the Ohio Bar Exam may contact the college's office for details.
YACK sticker program
Cleveland State University students, faculty and staff who are concurrently enrolled at the Youngstown State University, University of Akron, Kent State University or NEOMED - and have purchased a current prepaid parking permit from CSU Parking & Transportation Services - are eligible for reciprocal parking benefits by requesting a YACK sticker. To obtain your YACK sticker from CSU Parking & Transportation Services, bring your current prepaid permit, current schedule indicating the class at the participating University and CSU Viking ID Card to the Parking Office (EC 160). The rights and privileges assigned to the tag are honored in the parking areas of the participating institutions. YACK stickers are valid only on prepaid semester or annual permits (not on any single day credential e.g., a scratch off). Please visit the website of the University you will be attending for detail parking instruction for YACK sticker participants.
A student who is enrolled at Youngstown State University, University of Akron, Kent State University or NEOMED - and has a current student prepaid parking permit from that campus - is eligible for reciprocal parking benefits at Cleveland State University. To register for the YACK program, please obtain your YACK sticker from the institution that issued the parking permit. The rights and privileges assigned to the permit are honored in the parking areas of the participating institutions. YACK stickers will allow access to any White prepaid parking location on CSU's campus (see table B for White parking locations). Please note that YACK stickers are not available for use on prepaid Scratch-off permits. Parking permits are not valid for use in any Green location, South Garage (SG), Prospect Garage (PG) at parking meters or in Lot 22 (SC) & Rec Garage (RG) at PayStation spaces. Parking in these areas without payment will result in a parking citation.
Visit the CSU Parking & Transportation Services website for full information at www.csuohio.edu/parking.
2014-2015 REFUND POLICY
Click here for Refund information
Each individual who chooses to park at Cleveland State University is expected to comply with established rules and procedures. See additional information under Parking Rules