Purchase permits via CSU GO Online Parking System, by using your CSU ID and password to log-in. Permits are priced based on the parking access they provide relative to the parking location’s proximity to the core of campus. Viking Cards will be required for permit holders to access most garages. View the various parking locations on the Parking Map. Commuter Students have several options:
- White permits provide access to non-core surface lots and the South Garage. This permit option is priced to provide the maximum value.
- Green permits provide access to all core garages, a few core surface lots and the South Garage.
- Evening [valid after 3:30p] permits provide access to most white and green parking locations based on specific time restrictions. South Garage access is not available with Evening and Night permits. This permit is only available during fall and spring semesters.
- Night [valid after 5:30p] permits provide access to most white and green parking locations based on specific time restrictions. South Garage access is not available with Evening and Night permits. This permit is only available during fall and spring semesters.
What this will mean to you?
- There will be limits on the numbers sold of each permit type.
- You can save money, if you are willing to spend up to 10 minutes getting from a white permit facility to your campus destination and/or use RTA and the Campus Safety Escort service.
- If you park on campus two (2) or more times per week, a White permit offers the best daily value for parking on campus.
Additional Permit Information
- Printable Confirmation Permits - you will receive a confirmation email once you've successfully purchased a permit. That email includes a link to print a temporary confirmation permit that provides access to campus for a few days until your permit arrives via US mail.
- White and Green Permits are valid for parking in designated parking locations from 5:00 a.m. - 11:59 p.m. daily.
- All returned permits will be assessed a $10 administrative fee.
- The back of the permit list all locations and time restrictions assigned to your permit type.
- Permits do not provide not a specific lot or garage.
- Peak demands for Green permit facilities is from 9:30 am to 2:30 pm, Monday through Thursday. Once the core garages have filled, Green permit holders will be directed to park in South Garage.
- Follow @CSU_Parking on Twitter or Like us on Facebook to get real-time parking availability and updates.
- The Passport Parking App will also provide garage availability (user registration required).
- Patrons who wish to park on campus from 12:00 a.m. - 4:59 a.m. (overnight) will be required to purchase overnight access for an additional $100.00 per semester. Students must bring their permit to the office to receive the overnight access.
|CSU Parking Commuter Student Prices Fall Semester 2015 - Spring 2016|
|White Permit, valid 5:00am - 11:59pm||$180.00|
|Green Permit, valid 5:00am - 11:59pm||$237.00|
|Option C—Evening Permit, valid 3:30pm - 11:59pm||$180.00|
|Option D— Night Permit, valid 5:30pm - 11:59pm||$165.00|
|Student Overnight, valid for 24/7 campus parking||$100.00|
|Option E||Visitor Parking|
|WHITE PERMIT LOCATIONS||GREEN PERMIT LOCATIONS||EVENING & NIGHT PERMIT LOCATIONS (Fall & Spring only)|
|By purchasing a White Permit, you will be able to park in any of the following locations.||By purchasing a Green Permit, you will be able to park in any of the following locations.||Evening & Night Permits will be able to park in the Green or White locations after only 3:30pm [Evening] and 5:30pm [Night] (see exceptions below)|
|Lot 10 – Between, E. 21st and E. 22nd, south of Payne Ave||West Garage (WG) -E. 17th between Euclid and Chester. VIKING CARD REQUIRED FOR PERMIT ACCESS||Evening & Night permits are NOT valid in South and Prospect Garages, short term parking and coin meters.|
|Lot 11 - Payne Court, between, E. 21st and E. 22nd||Central Garage (CG) - at the core of
campus - entrances on E. 19th and E.
21st. VIKING CARD REQUIRED FOR PERMIT ACCESS
|Lot 41 - 19th & Carnegie, near the Wolstein Loading Dock||Main Classroom Garage (MG) - under
Main Classroom building, off E. 22nd.
|Lot 50 - Payne Ave, between, E. 22st and E. 23rd||UG Garage - under
the Science & Research building -
entrance from Chester Avenue.
|Lot 51 - Payne Court, between, E. 22nd and E. 23rd||Lot 61 - behind the
Chester Building - entrance from Chester
|Lot 54 - Between, E. 23rd and E. 24th, south of Payne||Lot 20 - north of the
Campus Safety building.
|Lot 57 - E. 24th, west of the Physical Plant building||East Garage (EG) - east of the Recreation
Center - entrance from Chester Avenue
drive. VIKING CARD REQUIRED FOR PERMIT ACCESS
|Lot 90 - E. 30th between Euclid and Chester.||South Garage - VIKING CARD REQUIRED FOR PERMIT ACCESS|
|South Garage - VIKING CARD REQUIRED FOR PERMIT ACCESS|
Campus Safety Escort
Students who must walk on campus at night are encouraged to use CSU Escorts by calling 216-687-2020 (campus extension 2020) when traveling to and from destinations.
College Based Arrangements
Parking & Transportation Services has made arrangements with specific colleges or academic departments to address unique service situations.
- College of Business:
Accelerated MBA and Executive MBA students may contact the college's office for details.
- College of Law:
Recent graduates preparing for the Ohio Bar Exam may contact the college's office for details.
YACK sticker program
Cleveland State University students, faculty and staff who are concurrently enrolled at the Youngstown State University, University of Akron, Kent State University or NEOMED - and have purchased a current prepaid parking permit from CSU Parking & Transportation Services - are eligible for reciprocal parking benefits by requesting a YACK sticker. To obtain your YACK sticker from CSU Parking & Transportation Services, bring your current prepaid permit, current schedule indicating the class at the participating University and CSU Viking ID Card to the Parking Office (EC 160). The rights and privileges assigned to the tag are honored in the parking areas of the participating institutions. YACK stickers are valid only on prepaid semester or annual permits (not on any single day credential e.g., a scratch off). Please visit the website of the University you will be attending for detail parking instruction for YACK sticker participants.
A student who is enrolled at Youngstown State University, University of Akron, Kent State University or NEOMED - and has a current student prepaid parking permit from that campus - is eligible for reciprocal parking benefits at Cleveland State University. To register for the YACK program, please obtain your YACK sticker from the institution that issued the parking permit. The rights and privileges assigned to the permit are honored in the parking areas of the participating institutions. YACK stickers will allow access to any White prepaid parking location on CSU's campus (see table B for White parking locations). Please note that YACK stickers are not available for use on prepaid Scratch-off permits. Parking permits are not valid for use in any Green location, South Garage (SG), Prospect Garage (PG) at parking meters or in Lot 22 (SC) & Rec Garage (RG) at PayStation spaces. Parking in these areas without payment will result in a parking citation.
Visit the CSU Parking & Transportation Services website for full information at www.csuohio.edu/parking.
2015-2016 REFUND POLICY
Click here for Refund information
Each individual who chooses to park at Cleveland State University is expected to comply with established rules and procedures. See additional information under Parking Rules