Through a grant competition, funds are awarded to institutions of higher education to provide opportunities for academic development, assist students with basic college requirements, and to motivate students toward the successful completion of their postsecondary education.
The goal of TRIO/SSS is to increase the college retention and graduation rates of its participants.
For more information on TRIO programs, visit the U.S. Department of Education here.
- FIRST GENERATION COLLEGE STUDENT: Neither parent nor guardian received a bachelor's degree; and/or
- Low-income based on federal income guidelines
- Enrolled or accepted for enrollment at Cleveland State University
- U.S. citizen and/or legal permanent resident
- Demonstrated academic need as determined by TRIO/SSS