Title IX | Sexual Misconduct

How to Report

You have several options for submitting a report or complaint of sexual assault, dating violence, relationship violence or stalking, including with law enforcement and the University.

Reporting to Cleveland State University

If you wish to report an incident of sexual assault or exploitation, dating violence, relationship violence, stalking or sexual harassment to the University, you may contact the Office for Institutional Equity (OIE) at 216-687-2223 or at OIE@csuohio.edu or contact the University's Title IX Coordinator directly at r.lutner@csuohio.edu or 216-687-2223. You may also report an incident in person to the Title IX Coordinator, a Deputy Title IX Coordinator, or at the Office for Institutional Equity located in the Parker Hannifin Administration Center (AC), Room 236.  The street address for the AC building is 2300 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44115-2214. 

The University recognizes that deciding whether to make a report and choosing how to proceed can be difficult decisions. The University encourages any individual who has questions or concerns to seek the support of campus and community resources. These professionals can provide information about available resources and procedural options and assistance to either party.  In an effort to share the framework for how the University handles reports, please see the Sexual Violence Resposne Protocol which can be found Under Guidelines and Procedures on the Office of University Compliance website.

CSU Faculty, Staff and student employees are Responsible Employees (RE) who have a duty to report discrimination and harassment of which they become aware in the course of their duties. Responsible employees must report “all relevant details” to OIE (who, when, what happened, where). Besides OIE, Responsible Employees share information on a need-to-know basis only.  CSU provides confidential resources for students who want to speak to someone who won’t take any action except in an emergency. These resources include the Counseling Center, CRCC, campus ministry and Health & Wellness. 
Reporting to Law Enforcement

The University also encourages complainants to pursue criminal action for incidents that may also be crimes under state criminal law, including sexual violence, dating violence, relationship violence, or stalking. The University will assist a complainant, at the complainant’s request, in contacting local law enforcement and will cooperate with local or campus law enforcement agencies if a complainant decides to pursue the criminal process. 

Reporting Anonymously

An individual may make an anonymous report of an incident of sexual violence or exploitation, stalking, dating violence or relationship violence. A report may be made without disclosing one's own name, identifying the respondent, or requesting any action. The University's ability to respond or take further action may be impacted by the level of information available about the incident or individuals involved. Anonymous reports can be made through either of the following two methods:

  • Select the "Make a Report" link at the top of this web page; or
  • Dial toll-free, within the United States, Guam, Puerto Rico and Canada: 888-837-1824

After you complete your report you will be assigned a unique code called a "report key." Write down your report key and password and keep them in a safe place. After 5-6 business days, use your report key and password to check your report for feedback or questions.  Please note that anoymous reporting is NOT 911 or an emergency service.  As such, do not make anonymous reports of events presenting an immediate threat to life or property. Reports submitted through this service may not receive an immediate response. If you require emergency assistance, please contact your local law enforcement.