Follow the instructions below to install Matlab on a personal computer (home, school, laptop, or tablet). Please note that these instructions are only for people with a CSU email address.
I do not have admin rights (CSU computers)
To install MATLAB on a CSU computer if you do not have administrator rights:
- Call or email the Help Desk (x5050 or email@example.com).
- Give them your computer name.
- Request Matlab installation.
I have admin rights (any computer)
To install Matlab on any computer for which you do have administrator rights:
Step 1. Set up your MathWorks Account
- Create a MathWorks account at www.mathworks.com/login using your CSU email address.
Step 2. Download the Installer
- Go to the License Center at www.mathworks.com/licensecenter.
- Click “Associate to License” in the upper-right-hand corner.
- When prompted, enter the Activation Key (note: CSU login required to view)
- Go to www.mathworks.com/downloads/web_downloads/select_release.
- Click the download button in the middle of the page for the current release.
- Click the appropriate installer button to download the installer.
Step 3: Install and Activate
- Locate the installer file that you downloaded above. The name of the file is:
- Windows: matlab_<release>_win64.exe
- Mac OS X: matlab_<release>_maci64.zip
where <release> represents the release number (currently R2016a).
- Windows: Double-click the installer file that you downloaded above.
Mac OS X: Double-click the installer file that you downloaded above. This action extracts the files and creates another folder called matlab_<release>_maci64, where <release> represents the release number. Inside this folder, double-click InstallForMacOSX to start the installer.
- At the appropriate time in the installation process, select the option “Log in with a MathWorks Account” and follow the ensuing instructions.
- At the appropriate time, select the license that you want to use.
- Select the products you want to download and install (probably all of them).
- After downloading and installing your products, keep the “Activate MATLAB checkbox” selected and click “Next.”