The Office of Research is pleased to offer the Grant Tuition Program (GTP) to further the CSU 2.0 priorities of distinguishing CSU as a leading public urban research university and of increasing CSU’s research activity. The purpose of the program is to encourage faculty to hire CSU graduate students as research assistants to enhance indirect-generating, externally-funded research programs.
Eligibility & Terms
This program is available to faculty members who receive externally-funded research grants (i.e., funded by federal, state, or private grantors). The GTP will pay for up to 9 credit hours per semester (up to two semesters per academic year) of tuition support (in-state or out-of-state depending on the student’s residential status) for a student if that student's stipend is paid for by the same grant.
All of the following conditions must be met to be eligible for GTP:
- The award must generate $25,000 or more of indirect costs per year per student.
- The award must pay for a full graduate student stipend (20 hours per week). The stipend amount must adhere to College of Graduate Studies guidelines.
- Any graduate student supported by GTP must be assigned 100% research duties dedicated to the grant for which GTP support was requested.
- A GTP-supported student's time cannot be split between a research assistantship and a teaching assistantship.
- GTP will provide support for new and existing/active grants, but will not reimburse tuition retroactively.
- Continued GTP support is dependent on sufficient funds availability from the Provost's Office.
Please complete the Grant Tuition Program Form. Email completed forms to Joy Yard (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Roman Kondratov (email@example.com) in the Office of Research, indicating "GTP" in the subject line.
If you have questions, please contact Roman Kondratov at firstname.lastname@example.org or 216-687-5171.