The Staff Association Advisory Council, is the primary body for providing advice and counsel to the University President on matters relevant to Management and Administrative Staff - i.e. staff members not represented by a bargaining unit at Cleveland State. This Advisory Council was convened in 1998 and its membership is comprised of 15 non-bargaining staff members.
SA Advisory Council's mission is to maintain an active and participatory line of communication with the University community on behalf of non-bargaining professional and classified staff at Cleveland State University. In fulfillment of this mission, members of the council will apply themselves to the following goals:
· To foster the concept and practice of staff representation on major university committees, in part by serving as a vehicle for making committee member placement recommendations and by having the representative make summary reports to the body;
· To meet on a regular basis with the University President to share communication on issues that concern non-bargaining staff members;
· To work closely with the Office of Human Resources to review, assess and address policies and procedures to enhance the working environment for non-bargaining staff;
· To provide feedback from a general staff perspective to any office presenting plans, concerns, or seeking information;
· To promote the SA Advisory Council to the University's non-bargaining staff as the body that communicates issues and concerns of the group to the entire University community;
· To support CSU's Functional Mission Statement by fostering an environment of open communication and interaction of non-bargaining staff with all areas of campus.