Access Control

Submit an Access Request Online!

Form button

Access Control allows the campus community to submit access request forms online through Asset Essentials. If you are an Authorized Access Requester, Click here for an Access Request example.

Please review the Frequently Asked Questions before continuing and please note that you will only be able to access the form when on-campus or through a CSU VPN Connection.

If you have any questions or concerns about this new service, feel free to contact Access Control & Security Systems at (216) 687-5386 or email us at


Frequently Asked Questions
Will I still be able to submit paper access request forms?

Paper Access Request Forms are no longer accepted as of April 14th, 2017. All other request forms such as the Keybox Access Request Form  or the Key Transfer Form  are unaffected by this change.

Where should I submit other requests, such as a Lock Change or a Keypad Battery Replacement?

You can submit other requests by contacting the FAST Coordination Center at (216) 687-2500 or emailing You may also submit an Service Request through Asset Essentials here.

Usually, I submit my access request through my department/contact. Will this change?

No. You may still submit access requests through your department or contact person. Your department or contact person will submit the request on your behalf online or process the request directly through their Keyscan Client. 

What should I do if I would like to revoke someone's access from an area?

You can send an email to with the removal request.

What is a SACC?

A SACC is a Single Access Control Coordinator. Every building has a designated SACC for making Facilities-related decisions. Each building may also have departmental designees or Authorized Access Requesters who are able to place access requests. If you are unsure who the appropriate party for your area is, please contact Access Control or your manager.