Access Control

Access Control & Security Systems

The Department of Access Control, Fire Safety & Security Systems (AC&SS) provides services to Cleveland State's campus community in the areas of integrated Access Control, Fire Alarm, Fire Prevention, CCTV, Emergency Notification Systems (CSUAlert), Voice Emergency Notification System (VENS), Keys and Cores, and Central Station Monitoring (Fire, Access and Duress) including the fire fiber loop and security support.

Please call 216.687.5386 for assistance. To report all campus emergencies (police, fire, medical, hazmat) dial 9-1-1 from any campus telephone. Cell phone users should also dial 9-1-1 and tell the operator to connect you with CSU Police.


Access Request

Access Request

You can now submit an access request form online!



Lost or Stolen Viking Card

Lost or Stolen Viking CardLost or stolen Viking Cards should be reported immediately. Please log onto the Online Card Office to deactivate your card. If your card has access to doors please contact Access Control & Security to have door access removed. Visit Viking Card office to for all replacement cards.


Keys Ready For Pick-up

Key Ready ListIf you ordered a key please check the Key Ready List to see if your key is ready for pickup. You will need a valid CSU Account in order to view the list. Keys awaiting retrieval will be located at the Police Deptartment in the Campus Safety (CS) buidling. CS is located on E. 19th and Chester. If a Key is left at the Police Department for over 3 months, the key will be returned to the Lock Shop.


Returning Keys and Key Transfers

Key ReturnKeys should be returned to the Access Control office, in Plant Services Building, room 244. If you are NOT a separating employee, key returns can be made either in person or via interoffice mail. The individual returning the key(s) need not be the original key holder. Upon returning the key(s), a receipt will be issued, signed by the Access Control staff member who receives the key(s).

For separating employees, Human Resources will provide a Clearance Checklist form. It is required that you present both this form and your keys to the Access Control office in Plant Services Building, room 244. Due to the necessity for the Access Control staff to sign the Clearance Checklist, separating employees must return keys in person. To facilitate this process smoothly, please call Access Control in advance to arrange an appointment for your key return at either 216.687.5386 or 216.687.9845.

If you need to transfer a key, complete a Key Transfer Form. This form can be submitted to AC&SS either through email or interoffice mail.


Emergency Notifications

CSU Alerts

SIGN UP or UPDATE the Emergency Notifications System (CSU Alert)

  • Call 911 to report a fire, emergency, or behavior of concern.
  • To report a campus emergency, dial 911 or 8911 from any campus telephone.
  • Cell phone users should dial 911 and tell the operator to connect them with CSU Police.
  • Report all threats of violence and suspicious, disturbing, or disruptive behavior to CSU Police using the Workplace Violence Hotline at 216-5BE-SAFE (216.523.7233).

Emergency Notifications Systems (VENS & CSU Alert)

 Emergency Notification Plan