Cleveland State Sponsored Awards
CISP Education Abroad Scholarship
This scholarship provides financial assistance for Education Abroad to Cleveland State University students who are economically disadvantaged and have demonstrated academic and personal achievements. The award will range from $500-$700. This is a one time award.
In order to qualify for the CISP Education Abroad Scholarship, students must meet the following criteria at the time of application. Students who do not meet all of the eligibility requirements will be disqualified.
- Enrolled for a minimum of six credit hours and seeking a degree at Cleveland State University.
- Successful completion of one academic year of study at CSU. For transfer and graduate students, successful completion of one semester of study at CSU.
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA for undergraduates; 3.2 cumulative GPA for graduate students.
- Demonstrated financial need with current FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) on file in the Office of Financial Aid.
- No prior award from the CSU Education Abroad Scholarship. This is a one-time award.
- Not available for CCP students
- Must be registered for Education Abroad courses for the term of the Education Abroad program.
Students that do not submit a complete application with all required application documents by 5:00 pm on the established deadline will be disqualified.
- Spring Semester : Nov 30
- Summer Sessions: March 15
- Fall Semester: May 15
Download the application form for the CISP Education Abroad Scholarship :
CISP Scholarship App 2017.pdf
John D. Holm Study Abroad Opportunity Scholarship
Since its creation, this scholarship has provided significant financial support to socially and economically disadvantaged students at Cleveland State University to help them pursue a study abroad program as part of their degree.
Fill out the application form below and print it off. Please return the application form along with the required essay to the Center for International Services and Programs (Main Classroom Suite 412).
- Fall Semester abroad : June 15
- Spring Semester abroad : October 15
Eligible students will have:
- Successfully completed at least one year of academic study at Cleveland State University; or, for transfer or graduate students, successful completion of one semester of study at the University
- Demonstrated financial need
- Earned a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.25 (undergraduate) or 3.0 (graduate)
Preference will be given to students who are:
- Pursuing a major or degree in the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
- Studying abroad in fall/spring or full year
- Strongly interested or concerned with international issues, cultures, peoples and ideas as demonstrated by previous experiences, involvement in organizations, and activities
John A. Chao Memorial
This Scholarship provides financial support to CSU students/scholars studying or doing research in China or Taiwan as well as to Chinese students from China or Taiwan studying at CSU. The Scholarship honors Professor John A. Chao for his excellent services to the University community and for international recognition of his scholarly work, and especially for his instrumental dedication in establishing collaborative relations between CSU and various Chinese Universities. The endowed fund will provide financial support to CSU students studying in China or Taiwan, provide financial support to Chinese students from China or Taiwan studying at Cleveland State University, promote faculty and staff involvement in international professional activities such as teaching, research, and attending conferences in China and Taiwan, and bring Chinese scholars from China and Taiwan to Cleveland State University for professional activities such as lecturers, research, or advanced study.
- All students need to have completed one semester of full-time study at CSU with a minimum GPA of 3.0 for Undergraduates and a 3.25 for Graduate students and Law Students. Students must attach a copy of CSU transcript.
- Faculty and staff must write a detailed letter as to how the funds advance the academic mission of CSU and its relationship to the China/Taiwan. A letter from the department chair or supervisor supporting the request and what the faculty/staff would do to enhance the collaboration between CSU and their Chinese/Taiwanese counterparts.
- Summer and Fall Program Application: April 15
Download the application for the Chao scholarship: Application form
John Chao Student Scholarship 2008 Award Recipients were Peter Green, Tara Chandler and William Radin.
John Chao Scholarship 2009 Award Recipient was Haigang Zhou.
John Chao Student Scholarship 2010 Award Recipients were Brigid Campbell and Edlira Seiti.