Methods for requesting installation of software on your computer
Unless CSU maintains a license for the software install being requested, you must first purchase a license and have proof of purchase available before IS&T will install the software. The user is responsible for maintaining a copy of the license agreement and renewing the agreement if applicable in timely fashion consistent with the original license agreement.
The easiest and fastest way is to open up a ticket yourself with our new ticketing system called EASY.
- Visit to http://easy.csuohio.edu,
- Sign in with your campus credentials,
- Click next to the easy button to open an incident,
- Once on the incident screen, select "Need Software Install" as the short description,
- Select your software from the next drop down box,
- Enter details into the description box (computer name, other details), and
- Click submit.
This will bypass the help desk and go directly into a work queue. Other methods of creating a ticket are:
- Call x5050 and ask the Help Desk Technician to create a ticket indicating your machine name and the name and version of the software you wish to install. (Press CTRL+ALT+N)
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, list your machine name and software name/version as well as an indication of your proof of purchase.