Oh, what a year! 2017/18 initiatives in the College of Graduate Studies involved an expanded graduate student experience. Highlights included enhancements in graduate student programming, the growth of Graduate & Professional Student Association along with new funding opportunities, and the grand opening of the Graduate Student Center.
Fall semester kicked off with Graduate Student Orientation and closed with the grand opening preparations for CSU's first center dedicated to graduate students. Additional semester highlights included:
- Fall Graduate Student Orientation
- Graduate Student Awards Program
- Trivia Nights with GPSA and CISP
- Graduate Assistantship Success Workshop
- Three Minute Thesis Training and Videotaping Workshop
- International Student Thanksgiving
- College of Graduate Studies Reception for Graduating Doctoral students
- Opening of the new Graduate Student Center
In early spring, the Graduate & Professional Student Association became a voting member of the General Fee Advisory Committee, advancing funding opportunities for the grad student population and voting status on student fee allocations.
- Spring Graduate Student Orientation
- New Student Welcome & Networking Reception
- Online orientation course for new Graduate Students
- Online orientation for new Graduate Assistants
- Graduate Student Center Open House
- Monthly Trivia Nights
- Writing Boot Camp Weekend+
- Three-Minute Thesis Competition
- GPSA Student Engagement Tables in each College
- Graduate Student Appreciation Week
- Graduate Student Awards Reception
- GPSA Election to General Fee Advisory Committee (GFAC)
Looking ahead to 2018/19 with the new GFAC membership, GPSA will have a greater opportunity to work toward their goals of serving a wider graduate student body. The College of Graduate Studies continues to support the growth of the new Graduate Student Center and GPSA’s goal to achieve graduate student representation on major CSU committees, boards and governing bodies.