Increase your marketability with real experience in exporting
The Ohio Export Internship Program (OEIP) is offered by the Global Business Center and Small Business Development Center Export Assistance Network in partnership with the Ohio Development Services Agency for the first time on the Cleveland State campus, this Spring Semester 2018.
The OEIP combines a Spring Semester export-focused course and will allow for ten Cleveland State students to receive a paid summer internship centered on expanding an Ohio company's international markets. The course is open to either undergraduate or graduate students as either an elective course, or as part of a guaranteed paid internship. Internship eligibility is dependent on interview performance along with other criteria outlined below. This is a unique and competitive opportunity to obtain real global business experience right here in Ohio.
- Hands-on experience working with senior executives at dynamic Ohio companies
- In-depth knowledge about new export market opportunities
- Valuable networking opportunities with participating companies and industry experts
- Access to faculty and government experts
- Specialized knowledge from an exporting class during Spring Semester
- Interest in exporting and international business
- Detailed organization and planning skills
- Attend the Spring Semester course right here, on the Cleveland State University campus
- Commitment to work with a company for 40 hours per week for 12 weeks during the Summer Semester
- Graduation date of later than Summer 2018
- A minimum GPA of 3.0
- Successful completion of a face-to-face interview with the instructors (interviews to be scheduled September 2017)