Increase your marketability with real experience in exporting
The Ohio Export Internship Program (OEIP) is offered by the Global Business Center and Small Business Development Center Export Assistance Network in partnership with the Ohio Development Services Agency on the Cleveland State campus in the Spring 2019 Semester.
The OEIP combines a Spring Semester export-focused course and will allow for ten Cleveland State students to receive a paid summer internship centered on expanding an Ohio company's international markets. The course is open to either undergraduate or graduate students as either an elective course, or as part of a guaranteed paid internship. Internship eligibility is dependent on interview performance along with other criteria outlined below. This is a unique and competitive opportunity to obtain real global business experience right here in Ohio.
- Hands-on experience working with senior executives at dynamic Ohio companies
- In-depth knowledge about new export market opportunities
- Valuable networking opportunities with participating companies and industry experts
- Access to faculty and government experts
- Specialized knowledge from an exporting class during Spring Semester
- Interest in exporting and international business
- Detailed organization and planning skills
- Attend the Spring Semester course right here, on the Cleveland State University campus
- Commitment to work with a company for 40 hours per week for 12 weeks during the Summer Semester
- Graduation date of later than Summer 2019
- A minimum GPA of 3.0
- Successful completion of a face-to-face interview with the instructors (interviews to be scheduled October 2018)
View the list of Cleveland State students that participated in 2018 here.
Previously offered only at the Ohio State University and Youngstown State University campuses, Cleveland State University is proud to be the third university in Ohio to offer this program.
Applications for the internships are now closed.
Students interested in registering for the course, should log-in to CampusNet here or visit the Student Services Center in the College of Business, BU 219.