The CSU Escorts are available to escort you to your
vehicle 24 hours a day 7 days a week, Student Community Service
Officers (CSOs), wearing orange shirts or jackets, assist with
safety escorts. CSO's also provide bicycle patrols. building monitoring,
and regular patrols of the campus, buildings and inner link walkways. Individuals who walk across campus during evening hours are encouraged to use CSU Escorts by calling 216.687.2020 from a cell phone or by calling 2020 from any campus phone when traveling to and from destinations.
SAFETY AND SECURITY AT CSU:
- Always Lock Your Doors
- Roll Up and Lock Your Windows
- PUT YOUR JUNK IN YOUR TRUNK -Protect yourself from car break-ins. Get in the habit of putting anything of any value in the trunk of your car. Don’t leave items (even spare change and GPS devices) in plain view.
- Do not hide a spare key in or on your car - it can be found
- Be Aware and Report any Suspicious Activity Immediately to
Campus Police 216.687.2020
- Know Where the Blue Light Emergency Phone is Located in the
Area Where You Normally Park*
- Report Any Accidents On Campus Immediately to Campus Police
- Use the Blue Light Emergency Phones to report an emergency
- Don't Walk Alone At Night - Use the CSU Escorts.
* Blue light emergency phones are strategically placed in or near
parking areas. Upon picking up the receiver you will be in immediate
contact with a dispatcher at CSU Police Headquarters. Each time
an emergency phone is activated, an officer is sent to investigate.