The Parking Advisory Committee makes its recommendations to the Vice President of Finance and Administration and is charged with the following responsibilities:
- Develop and review long-range plans for parking at the University.
- Recommend strategies to ensure parking accessibility to campus buildings and facilities.
- Recommend parking rates as necessary to support required parking capability.
- Assist in publicizing parking issues and developments within the University community.
- Review Parking Rules and recommends changes for consideration and approval by President.
- Review Parking & Transportation Services’ annual goals and objectives.
The committee also provides assistance and relevant input to Parking & Transportation Services for the following:
- Budget review and recommendations relative to appropriate fees for parking and enforcement.
- Development of procedures that ensure the orderly flow of vehicular, bicycle, and pedestrian traffic at the University, while minimizing conditions which unnecessarily impede traffic on campus.
- Development and maintenance of parking facilities.
- Support of the Parking and Traffic Review Board that reviews and acts upon appeals of parking citations from students, faculty, staff and visitors.
The committee membership is comprised of:
- Two faculty members appointed by the Faculty Senate
- One Undergraduate student appointed by Student Government Association
- One Graduate student appointed by Dean of Graduate Studies
- One Law student appointed by Student Bar Association
- One student appointed by Campus Support Services
- One representative of bargaining unit employees, who is not a faculty member, appointed by Union Council
- One representative from Management Administrative Staff Association
- Director of Conference Services or a designee
- Police Commander or a designee
- Director of Parking & Transportation Services (ex-officio)
- Assistant Vice President for Campus Support Services or designee – Chair