Molecular regulation of skeletal myoblast apoptosis
Coordinate regulation of skeletal myoblast differentiation and apoptosis
Translational regulation during skeletal myoblast differentiation or apoptosis
Signaling by oncogenic Ras
Molecular regulation of skeletal myoblast apoptosis
- Abhilash GadiMS StudentLocation:SR267
- Greg KlimentPhD StudentLocation:SR267
- Divya NairPhD StudentLocation:SR267
- Jason RossPhD StudentLocation:SR267
- Mark RutenbergPhD Student
1. Weyman, C.M., Wolfson, M., Taparowsky, E.J., and Ashendel, C.L. (1988) Partial down-regulation of protein kinase C in C3H 10T1/2 mouse fibroblasts transfected with the human Ha-ras oncogene. Cancer Research 48:6535-6541.
2. Vaidya, T.B., Weyman, C.M., Ashendel, C.L., and Taparowsky, E.J. (1991) Inhibition of myogenesis by the Ha-ras oncogene: Implication of a role for protein kinase C. Journal of Cellular Biology 114:809-820.
3. *Weyman, C.M. and Stacey, D.W. (1996) Selective protection of normal cells against cancer drug induced toxicity by blockage at distinct points in proliferative signaling: A novel strategy for protective chemotherapy. Anticancer Research 16(1):493-498.
4. *Weyman, C.M. and Stacey, D.W. (1996) Ras: Processor of Vital Signals. Advances in Oncobiology: Breast Cancer. JAI Press Inc.(E. Edward Bittar, ed.).1(8):159-177.
5. *Weyman, C.M., Ramocki, M.B., Taparowsky, E.J., and Wolfman, A. (1997) Distinct signaling pathways regulate transformation and inhibition of skeletal muscle differentiation by oncogenic Ras. Oncogene 14:697-704.
6. *Weyman, C.M. and Wolfman, A. (1997) Oncogenic Ras-induced secretion of a novel inhibitor of skeletal myoblast differentiation. Oncogene, 15:2521-25-28.
7. *Weyman, C.M. and Wolfman, A. (1998) MEK activity is required for inhibition of skeletal myoblast differentiation by IGF-1 or FGF-2.Endocrinology, 139:1794-1800.
8. Dee, K., Freer, M., Mei, Y. and #Weyman, C.M. (2002) Apoptosis coincident with the differentiation of skeletal myoblasts is delayed by caspase 3 inhibition and abrogated by MEK-independent constitutive Ras signaling. Cell Death Differ. 9, 209-218.
9. DeChant, A., Dee, K. and #Weyman, C.M. (2002) Raf-induced effects on the differentiation and apoptosis of skeletal myoblasts is determined by the level of Raf activity: abrogation of apoptosis by Raf is downstream of caspase 3 activation. Oncogene 21, 5268-5279.
10. Dee, K., DeChant, A. and #Weyman, C.M. (2003) Differential signaling through NF_B does not ameliorate skeletal myoblast apoptosis during differentiation. FEBS Letters 545, 246-252
11. Dee, K., Karasarides, M., Schulman, D., Harford, T., Wolfman, A. and #Weyman, C.M. (2006) Inhibition of skeletal myoblast differentiation and the associated apoptosis by active Ras mutants is independent of constitutive PI3 kinase . Cell Biology International 30, 308-318.
12. Li, Q., Subbulakshmi, V., Oldfield, C., M.Aamir, R., Weyman, C. M., Wolfman,A. and
Cathcart, M. K. (2007) PKCalpha regulates phosphorylation and enzymatic activity of cPLA(2) in vitro and in activated human monocytes. Cell Signal. 19:359-366.
13. O Flaherty, J., Mei, Y., Freer, M. and #Weyman, C.M. (2006) Signaling through the TRAIL receptor DR5/FADD pathway plays a role in the apoptosis associated with skeletal myoblast differentiation. Apoptosis 11:2103-2113.
14. Koo, B., LeGoff, C., Jungers, K., O Flaherty, J., Weyman, C.M. and Apte, S. (2007) ADAMTS-LIKE 2 (ADAMTSL2) is a secreted glycoprotein that is widely expressed during mouse embryogenesis and is regulated during skeletal myogenesis. Matrix Biology 6:431-441.
15. Shaltouki, A., Freer, M., Mei, Y. and #Weyman, C.M. (2007) Increased expression of the pro-apoptotic Bcl2 family member PUMA is required for the mitochondrial release of cytochrome C and the apoptosis associated with skeletal myoblast differentiation. Apoptosis 12:2143-2154.
16. Zhou, Y., Weyman, C.M., Hongli Liu, Alexandru Almasan and Zhou, A. (2008) IFN-gamma selectively mediates cytochrome C release and apoptosis in HL60 cells through decreased Bcl2 expression and increased Bak expression . J. Interferon and Cytokine Res. 28:65-72
17. Liu, H., Liang, S.L., Kumar, S., Weyman, C.M., Liu, W. and Zhou, A. (2009) Statins induce apoptosis in ovarian cancer cells through the Rac1/Cdc42/JNK pathway. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 6:997-1005.
18. Freer, M., Ross, J., O Flaherty, J. and #Weyman, C. M. (2009) Noncanonical role for the TRAIL receptor DR5/FADD/caspase pathway in the maintenance of MyoD expression and the differentiation of skeletal myoblasts. Differentiation. 4:205-212.
19. Harford, T., Shaltouki, A. and #Weyman, C.M. (2010) Increased expression of the pro-apoptotic Bcl2 family member PUMA and apoptosis by the muscle regulatory transcription factor MyoD in response to a variety of stimuli. Apoptosis 15:71-82.
20. Ebron, J., Weyman, C.M., and Shukla, G (2013) Targeting of Androgen Receptor expression by andro-miRs as novel adjunctive therapeutics in prostate cancer. Journal of Cancer Therapy, in press.
21. Shaltouki, A., Harford, T. J., Komar, A. and #Weyman, C.M. (2013) IRES-mediated translation of the pro-apoptotic Bcl2 family member PUMA. Translation, in press.