The Fowler Emergency Fund is closed for
Fall and will reopen in Spring 2024
Having a financial emergency does not mean you must decide between staying in school or dropping out to pay bills. If you are experiencing a financial emergency, the Fowler Emergency Fund Grant might be able to help.
For purposes of this grant program, a financial emergency is defined as an unforeseen expense that, if not resolved quickly, could lead to a student’s departure from the University and loss of momentum toward degree completion. This emergency should pose a significant barrier to success.
Things to know:
- Consideration for the emergency grant is determined through an application process and is not automatic. There is a protocol we must follow and not every student will be awarded.
- This process looks at students individually. Because of this, please be advised that you might not hear anything from our team for up to a week after you submit an application.
- The application must be filled out COMPLETELY and thoroughly for the team to review. ANY incomplete application will be denied and sent back to students to fully complete and submit.
- Documentation must be ready to submit when completing the application- please have the most recent lease, bills, etc. ready when applying.
Thus, the Fowler Emergency Grant can help with:
- Rent to prevent eviction
- Utility shut-off notices
- Child Care
- Other emergency expenses
Cannot be used for tuition balances, residence hall costs or textbook costs at CSU.
- Applicants must be enrolled in the current term
- Applicants must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents (International Students and CSU Global Students not eligible)
- Applicants must have a completed FAFSA on file (Click here to complete a FAFSA)
- Applicants will be asked to provide documentation (a lease, repair bill, etc.)
Completing an application does not guarantee full or partial funding and all requests will be reviewed before a decision is made. Students can submit for any/and all areas of need. If you need assistance filling out the application, please reach out to the CARE team by emailing email@example.com and a care manager will assist you. Applicants that are approved for funding will be automatically referred to CARE for additional support.
Thank you for your patience as we process applications, be advised it may take up to a week to hear back from a Fowler Fund team member about the status of your application. If you have any additional question please email firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to the CARE team by emailing email@example.com for additional support.