The Fowler Fund will be opening soon.
Thank you for your patience.
Having a financial emergency does not mean you must decide between staying in school or dropping out to pay bills. If you are experiencing a financial emergency, the Fowler Emergency Fund Grant might be able to help.
For purposes of this grant program, a financial emergency is defined as an unforeseen expense that, if not resolved quickly, could lead to a student’s departure from the University and loss of momentum toward degree completion. This emergency should pose a significant barrier to success.
Things to know:
- Consideration for the emergency grant is determined through an application process and is not automatic. There is a protocol we must follow and not every student will be awarded.
- This process looks at students individually. Because of this, please be advised that you might not hear anything from the committee for at least two weeks after you submit an application.
- The application must be filled out COMPLETELY and thoroughly for the committee to review. ANY incomplete application will be denied and sent back to students to fully complete and submit.
- Documentation must be ready to submit when completing the application- please have the most recent lease, bills, etc. ready when applying.
Thus, the Fowler Emergency Grant can help with:
- Rent to prevent eviction
- Utility shut-off notices
- Child Care
- Other emergency expenses
Cannot be used for tuition balances, residence hall costs or textbook costs at CSU.
- Student must be enrolled full time in the current term
- Domestic Students only (International student not eligible)
- Must have a completed FAFSA on file (Click here to complete a FAFSA)
- EFC has to be $10,000 or less to qualify for the grant
- Applicants will be asked to provide documentation (a lease, repair bill, etc.)
Preference for awards
- Students who can demonstrate academic promise and have a GPA over 2.0
- Students who have yet to receive additional emergency funding from the University including CARES Act funding or previous Fowler Funding within the past year
Thank you for your patience as we process significantly more applications than usual. If your need is urgent (within 1-3 days), please apply AND email firstname.lastname@example.org