Lift Up Vikes! Food Pantry is excited welcome students back to campus! We have scheduled our Fall 2021 Shopping Dates and hope you will come to the pantry on these days:
- September 22 and 23
- October 13, 14, 20, and 21
- November 3, 4, 10, 11, 17, and 18
- December 1 and 2
Special Snack Bag handout for finals on December 7 and 8
We will be open from 10:00am – 3:00pm for shopping on these dates.
Our One-Time Contact & Agreement Form
To keep our student staff and our student guests safe, we will have a number of precautions in place. To help speed up the check in process when you get to the pantry, please click here and fill out this one-time contact form. This will decrease the amount of time in pantry to better support social-distancing and the safety of our guests and student staff. Again, you only need to fill the contact form out ONCE this semester. The contact form can be filled out right before you arrive or weeks in advance!
How to Use Lift Up Vikes!
You MUST sign up for your LUV! Appointment: We heard you! The wait times to access the LUV! Food Pantry were not conducive to providing the welcoming atmosphere we want at LUV! Therefore, we are trying an appointment system. By Wednesday, October 20, at 9am, please complete the Sign Up Form and select ONE day and ONE time you’re coming to the pantry THIS WEEK.
- LUV! will update this website the sign up form every week for students to sign up and select their time; remember to check back weekly to sign up
- CSU Students are only allowed to select one day and one time each week; only one visit to the pantry per week
- Duplicate entries for appointment times will be deleted and you’ll be assigned the earliest timeslot you selected
Sign up for your appointment here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040848AEA823A3F49-fall
Information on Using the Pantry:
- All students who need access to food and toiletries are welcome in the LUV! pantry
- Before using the pantry, CSU students must complete the one-time contact form outlined above. If you have not completed it before coming to the pantry, LUV! will have paper copies available but completing online beforehand is preferred
- The Lift Up Vikes! Food Pantry will be open from 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. on the days listed
- The LUV! Pantry is in Berkman Hall 122
- Only 4 students will be allowed in the pantry at the same time
- Congregating groups of students while waiting is not advised
- ALL guests must be wearing a mask
- If you are not feeling well, please do not come to campus and follow outlined health guidelines
How shopping works:
- Before entering the space, we will ask to see your CSU ID
- There will be weekly limits on specific item types depending on what we receive through the Greater Cleveland Food Bank and generous community donations
- Please be advised that you can only spend 10 to 15 minutes in the pantry and can only shop ONCE a week to ensure we have enough supplies
- You will pick out the items you wish to bring home, then weigh out your items with the LUV! staff
- Please refrain from using your cell phone while in the pantry
- LUV! staff will be available to answer questions and assist you during your time in the pantry
- Pantry Assistants who staff LUV! are there to support you and assist in your shopping needs. They are student workers and volunteers and it is expected that all staff are treated respectfully. Students who are unable to follow Pantry Assistants’ directions may be asked to leave the pantry
- CSU Students must bring their CSU ID with them; photos of IDs will not be accepted
- CSU Students must have completed the one time contact form THIS SEMESTER. This is a form all students must complete each semester in order to access the pantry. Complete this form BEFORE coming for your appointment time or you will be asked to step out of line to complete the form
- CSU Students found to be visiting the pantry more than once a week and/or using an ID that does not belong to them, will be referred to the Office of Community Standards for student conduct
We have these expectations in order to provide a safe, comfortable, dignified, and convenient shopping experience for CSU Students. Please abide by these expectations and the signage posted around the pantry. If there are questions or concerns, just ask and a LUV! staff member will assist. Should anyone continue to ignore expectations, they may be asked to leave the pantry. A CSU student’s access to LUV! food and resources will never be revoked; LUV! wants this resource to be available for all students. But a student may be asked to leave and return at a later time and work with different LUV! staff.